Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

@NickNack

just paging you to see if you get THIS notification. i TRY to mostly use the auto-fill feature after using the @ button  so i get the exact name.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

interestingly, i JUST went back to a thread i posted on in the kitchen forums. i had four hearts on a post and they are not showing up in my notifications at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Notification Problems

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45   I did not.  I only saw it when I decided to read this thread again.  I also have not been getting any of my callouts from @Trudey.  I get notified when she hearts one of my posts, but not when she uses the @  symbol.    I  don't appear to be having trouble with the "heart" notifications, just the @ notifications.   Thanks for doing this, Sunshine45 - I know now it isn't just Trudey's I'm not getting. Did you get notification of my callout to you, Sunshine45?

Respected Contributor

My notifications are not showing up today. They were ok yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee

@NickNack

@just paging you to see if you get THIS notification. i TRY to mostly use the auto-fill feature after using the @ button  so i get the exact name.

@sunshine45  I did not get this notification.  I just came back to the thread and read it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee, @Brittany-QVC, @NickNack, @ Montana, @sunshine45,

My notifications were working this morning, but now they've stopped.  I was just reading a few threads, and I have hearts and also "@" notifications, and none of them show up in my Notification Feed.  If this is system-wide, that means the moderators aren't receiving notifications, either.

(Funny sidebar:  With all the complaints about the new platform...  now that we have the notification system, we notice right away when it stops working, even though we didn't have it in the past.   So, at least, there's one new feature we like better than the old forum platform.Smiley)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Brittany-QVC  I seem to be getting notifications now but....now I'm getting doubles of the same notification!  Screwy! 

@dooBdoo - no need to test out!  

@Pearlee, I didn't receive a notification for this post or the one prior to it.   According to my Notification Feed, the last "Hearts" or "@+nickname" notifications I received were 7 hours ago, so that might be a clue to when the system started to fail for many of us.

(trying to tag @Eva-QVC, @Brittany-QVC, @Keyai, @Beth-QVC)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I seem to be getting notifications now but....now I'm getting doubles of the same notification!  Screwy! 

@Pearlee

I do know if someone has 'hearted' your post & you return to edit the same post, a notification will go to the poster who hearted your post...EVERY time you return to edit.    HTH! 

@sidsmom, The duplicate notifications aren't triggered by hearts.   What happens is:  if you post a comment and use the "@ plus nickname" notification within the comment...  and then go back and edit the response, every time you edit and submit the response it triggers a new "@ plust nickname" notification.   This started happening months ago, and the moderators acknowledged that it's a glitch in the system.

(By the way, I just edited this post a couple of times to see if it would generate any notifications at all.)

Honored Contributor

to all who notified me on this thread, NO i did not get the notifications.....so both my notifications AND hearts are not working. Smiley Mad