Honored Contributor

Re: Nothing groundbreaking but good article on the Q in Fortune mag.

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I have cousins in their twenties, millennials, who love Zulily. I was surprised. I've never talked to them about it, but I noticed that they spread the news of another Zulily find using their FB an Instagram posts. Apparantely time is nnot an issue if they can get really unique items, which is a cornerstone of what Zulily offers. 

@Caaareful Shopper

That's an interesting point.....One think I find contradictory regarding millennials (co-workers, or kids of friends in this age group)....they are the generation that wants everything RIGHT NOW!!! (some can't even wait for a wifi speed that's a bit slow, fast food isn't fast enough, work promotions are too slow in coming) and YET they seem to buy online rather than going to brick and mortar stores and then have to WAIT for stuff to be delivered.....you'd think they'd be the ones that run to the nearest local retailer to pick up things they want immediately......I think it's an interesting contrast...........

I agree, it really is interesting @Spurt.  I think the change in shopping behavior is that millennials live their lives online.  They are constantly on social media -- constantly.  In addition, very few go to the mall anymore (if you can even find one that hasn't closed down), and individual stores mean they "waste" time traveling from one place to the next.  Online is the new "immediate."  The expectations are just re-set to when things can be delivered.