Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not pleased with the new automatic video when you first view product

@SHOPR

I don't currently use the Firefox browser so I don't know why the reviews aren't visible with that browser. I suspect that there's likely a javascript issue but I'm not sure.

New Contributor

I agree completely.  I do not like the automatic video "feature" and we should be able to disable it in our individual settings....not each time we click on a product.

Valued Contributor

Can't stand it either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It stinks and is NOT an improvement. Even if you uncheck the box to launch the video automatically, it delays loading of pictures and you still have to go and select a picture to view. Yet another Q mis-step and yet another Q website failure. I can't fathom how anybody in their right mind would have seen this as better. Maybe the 'right mind' thing is the operative issue...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Visitor

Yes, very, very annoying. I will shop a lot less until the default is changed back to the photo.  I shouldn't have to click to get off the video.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  It is annoying!

Honored Contributor

Yea, you can click on this, that and the other to modify it, but the reality seems to be that most CUSTOMERS don't like this format. It also slows things down and adds an added dimension of cumbersome to an already cumbersome website. They should lose it... It serves no purpose. Anyone wanting to see the video always had that option. Just one more reason I'm browsing here less and less.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Qvc:  most of us don't want to see still shots of a video, if it doesn't play automatically for us. I'm constantly having to click on the* photo of the item I want to see* instead! It is an irritation I can do without by shopping elsewhere, because with this and the pages jumping!( because of the bars loading st the top of the screen) I just hate browsing here now, so I quit. I'll stay in the forum.

Honored Contributor

I find the automatic video as annoying as music on a website or auction site!  I'm outta there... can't click out fast enough.....

I NEVER watched the videos.  I always checked out the photos, especially the one in the measurement scale (if it's jewelry).... not an improvement, just more busy work for your IT staff......

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*