Honored Contributor

Re: Not happy with EZ Pay as the Default Option

@DJs mom    Maybe they got complaints and changed it back to the original configuration.  I haven't used it for a week or so.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

All these folks shopping online at QVC'S very simple website and not sure how to press a button...

Probably EZ Pay is popping up more and more because prices are high, and that is the best way for some people to shop to afford everything.  Also, since it is interest free, there is basically no stress as QVC is "lending" the money to the customer.

Well, I for one, buy some very expensive items once in a while for which I would NEVER pay the full amount in advance--and I really appreciate EZ Pay.  I started at QVC as a jewelry shopper, and every once in a while I still do a splurge.  I really like the opportunity to look at the item in person first  and decide if I will keep it, all with one easy payment.

I always double and triple check everything I do online--better to be safe than sorry.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@DJs mom    Maybe they got complaints and changed it back to the original configuration.  I haven't used it for a week or so.

@Kachina624 

I just placed an order this morning and my checkout defaulted to one payment as it has been doing for months.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

I just received a message about upcoming EZ Pay payments on a few recent orders I had made. Until receiving that emailed message, I had thought I had been careful when placing each of my recent orders to ensure that they were all one payment and not EZ Pay, but I guess that when changing my order to choose a different color option while on my way to checkout, the orders in question defaulted right back to EZ Pay.

I wish it were once again an option to select EZ Pay, and not the defaulted norm to pay with EZ Pay, which it now is-- at least on the items I have chosen to purchase.  

Going forward, I will need to double, and perhaps triple check each and every order I place. I am not happy about this at all. I should not have to be inconvenienced to do extra work for every single item ordered online to be able to make a single payment for a purchase, IMHO.  

it's weird EZPay should not be the default

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@IMW wrote:

I totally agree and got caught once with ezpay. I have gotten in the habit of double checking.

It is easy enough to check, but it is not convenient. It is there for the Q's benefit not the shopper, no surprise there.

Just curious - how does it benefit QVC?  

they sell more stuff with EZP 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

I just placed an order this morning and my checkout defaulted to one payment as it has been doing for months.

@geezerette   @DJs mom   I also just placed an order which defaulted to one payment, which is what I used on my last order.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I always use EZ pay until I receive a purchase and make sure I am keeping the item(s).  Once I decide to keep the item(s) I go to EZ pay , place all payments on the card I use and pay them off.

I am not tying up my money until I'm satisfied and have never paid a cent in interest.  

Honored Contributor

The default option is generally the choice the larger number of users wants to use.

If somepne offers me free use of their money for a few months, I am likely to accept.  I do that even though I make no optional purcheses that I couldn't pay for the day I signed to buy.  

QVC has enough problems without adding a choice many shoppers want no part of.

Esteemed Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@IMW wrote:

I totally agree and got caught once with ezpay. I have gotten in the habit of double checking.

It is easy enough to check, but it is not convenient. It is there for the Q's benefit not the shopper, no surprise there.

Just curious - how does it benefit QVC?  

@FranandZoe  I was just about to ask that question. I would really like to hear the answer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@FranandZoe - True, but that would/will require that I make a phone call to QVC (which might require my being placed on hold for a while, wasting more of my time) or my writing them a detailed email request with the order numbers and the item numbers I wish to pay off in a lump sum. That is yet another PITA. 

@Jersey Born  Maybe things have changed but I've never had to call CS. I did it myself.