Valued Contributor

Not happy how an exchange of My Saint My Hero fulfilled.

I very seldom have to return anything, so this is odd to me.

I had to return the recent My Saint My Hero gratitude bracelet set because the larger bracelet was fraying. These were gifted to someone, who mentioned it to me within the return period. I returned it in the exact packaging it came in with the card. I received the replacement yesterday.

The TSV came in a pretty blue box with a gratitude card. My exchange did not come that way. It is in a cheap velveteen brown pouch. I have no idea how I can give this back to the recipient this way. 

I am not happy about this.

Is this the normal way a return/exchange is handled? I had assumed I would get the exact configuration back to include card and box. 

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

Re: Not happy how an exchange of My Saint My Hero fulfilled.

When I return something I never return all the "stuff" with it. 

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I can't answer how exchange items are packaged, but I want to comment that IMO, of course you can give your friend the new item in the new packaging. It's unfortunate that it doesn't measure up to  the original packaging, but so what? After all, you didn't choose the packaging, it is what it is. Give her the new item so she can start enjoying it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatLoverDogsToo

I honestly believe QVC ships back  out return items all the time.

Sometimes they will even reship your own return right back to   Thats why they will not send out replacement item untill they recieve the item back  first from you  jmo

Noone at QVC looks  to see what they are shipping out or even cares.....

jmo

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hear ya, but consider this....your friend won't be wearing that box and card. Its just something to collect dust and take up space. It's not like you are giving it to her in a in a zip lock baggie. The bracket is what matters.

Honored Contributor

If the exchange bracelet is in good condition, I'd gift it to the same person without a second thought about the packaging.

Esteemed Contributor

You should not have gotten someone else's return period!! They should have sent you a new item in its original pristine packaging.QVC has done this to me on several occasions. I call customer service & send the item back on them.

If I wanted to buy picked through merchandise I'd go to the mall.

It's up to you wether or not you want to gift the bracelet to your friend.You can also repackage it if you want.I personally would return it because you purchased a new item at regular price .You didn't buy an "as is" item.

Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  I return so little, that I did send all the "stuff" back too. In the future, should I have to return for exchange, I will do what you do, and only send the defective item back. 

Thank you for replying!

Rarely have I had a defective item.  (Return and learn).

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo

I am one of those people that think "presentation is everything" so I would also want the original packaging since it is a gift .... you did not order an "as is" item.

(The same thing happened to me on a return ... this is not acceptable).  

Respected Contributor

I don't return often, but when I do, I always repackage it exactly as I received it.  Unfortunately, many other people don't do this.  They keep part of the original shipment or the packaging (or maybe they lost it).  So, yes, you received someone else's return.  It's happened to me, and I don't appreciate it, but in the end I'm more concerned that the actual item is exactly as it should be.

Laura loves cats!