Contributor

Not getting my money back on items I've returned!

I've been a long time shopper and recently bought several items. Two items, in particular, were on one order. They were LOGO, which I like, but both did not fit well. I ended up returning them both.

Got an email showing they were returned but my credit was $0. Looked online and it showed $0 back to me when I paid almost $55 with easy pays. I emailed and was told there was a technical issue or glitch and my charge card wasn't charged and that is why there is no refund.

Luckily - and I point this out to all of you - I checked my credit card and I WAS charged. I called QVC and they deny charging my credit card! I see it on my statement plain as day. I emailed twice and called with no resolve. So, LOOK AT YOUR STATEMENTS and make sure you are getting your refund if due. I will go ahead and dispute with the credit card company. I never looked real close at my statements but this has truly turned me off to the Q - plus all their crazy shipping charges. I am not impressed any more and this has definitely turned me off.

Anyone else had issues?

Respected Contributor

Re: Not getting my money back on items I've returned!

I've never had an issue like this with QVC.  But some other places I have.  I went to Eddie Bauer on Saturday and spent $200.  The cashier made an error and had to refund me and recharge the order correctly however she messed that up.  Somehow I ended up with four register receipts and was totally confused.  I went home to check my debit account and two charges were there and no refund.  I called the next day because the refund/return still didn't show but two charges of $200 did!  When I spoke to the person in the store she didn't even let me finish my first sentence before she interrupted me.  She told me I had to give it a day or two.  So why did two charges appear but not the refund?  Why would that take a couple days.  My account is now charged $400.

In this day and age we expect perfection.  We are using electronics to handle all our transactions and though we expect everything to be perfect all the time, it's just not.  I'm not sure exactly how many times this has happened to you or really the entire story but if you have your statement showing you were charged then maybe coimplain to your credit card company and let them handle it.

Respected Contributor

@madmimi  I haven't had that experience, but it does seem to take longer that it should for my items to arrive back to QVC.  I was surprised when my refund seems lower then I expected, but once I took the first easy pay amount charged to my credit card then subtracted the original shipping costs and the return shipping fee, the amount was correct.

The more items you have on easy pay, the more confusing it is in tracking those payments and any returns made.

Instead of emailing, I would call and speak to a customer service person and explain the issue.  They might be able to fix the issue or explain what is happening.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

OP, call customer service and ask for a supervisor.  Or post it on the Customer Care lforum and see if the mods can help you.

Honored Contributor

@madmimi

You can also email the moderators at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

They're very helpful when customers have problems.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

@madmimi  I am sorry to see this, I will take a look at your account and email what I find out.

Susan Q-Social

Respected Contributor

Dispute the charge with your credit card issuer.  Follow the instructions on your bill or on line.

You should ALWAYS check credit card stagtements and bank statements for accuracy.  And you should dispute ANY charge or deduction you don't recognize.

Respected Contributor

I have stopped using easy pay for this reason, and to control over spending!

It is very confusing to know what you are being charged for and to reconcile returns.

And, the easy amount and number of payments is no longer included on the packing slip (invoice) and that makes it even harder to compare your statement to your slips.

Honored Contributor

I have been with QVC since the beginning, spent thousands of dollars through the years, used easy pay when offered, returned or exchanged some items, and even been credited for items “delivered” but to another address. Not one time have I had to dispute a charge, knock on wood, and been refunded timely. I’m sorry others have experienced such difficulties and if I had similar experiences I would have been long gone from the Q. Their accounting system works as long as the data is input correctly.

Contributor

Thank you. I have not posted like this so I didn't know what to expect. I had called yesterday morning and spoke to Customer Service who said my concern would be passed along to Corporate. Other than that, I was told I was never charged and would not be refunded since no charge was showing. So strange. I had never had an issue before. Thanks!