Occasional Contributor

Not able to pay before advance order ships?

I'm getting a few food items for the holidays that will not ship until December.  I was hoping to pay for them now since who knows what financial shape any of us will be come December.  But from what I understand QVC will not charge my card until it ships. 

I HATE having to wait five months with a bill hanging over my head because they won't take my money now.  I wish they would give you the option of pay nor later.  Smiley Mad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not able to pay before advance order ships?

I like it how they have it set up. Meaning, you are not charged until a purchased item actually ships.  Why would I want to pay for an item months before I even receive it? 

To each his own.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus Totally agree. Don't want to be billed for something that hasn't even shipped!

@DeborahAnn1987 Just set aside money between now and then, specifically for your advance order. Heart

Honored Contributor

@DeborahAnn1987 

That is Q's policy not to charge till item ships and there are many reasons why.

How many customers do you think would raise holy heck if they were charged for items they wouldn't receive for several months, I guarantee you, most would. 

Next, what if there was a problem in the availability of the items, where they wouldn't be available/shipped at all, yet customers had their money tied up for months, they'd be livid.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Why in the world would I pay for an item that will not ship for FOUR months

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Occasional Contributor

I see your points and hadn't thought of those to be honest.  Just knowing myself, come December with everything else going on I will probably have forgotten that I have a QVC bill coming in.  I was just hoping to have it paid so I can forget about it.  But I see where you are all coming from.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@DeborahAnn1987 wrote:

I see your points and hadn't thought of those to be honest.  Just knowing myself, come December with everything else going on I will probably have forgotten that I have a QVC bill coming in.  I was just hoping to have it paid so I can forget about it.  But I see where you are all coming from.  Smiley Happy

Having an item finally delivered will be a good reminder that you will have payment showing up on your next credit card shortly or however you paid for it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DeborahAnn1987 I've never had any of the problems with QVC many have posted about, but never would I send them or any company money ahead of time right now.  Not only don't you know you own future for sure, we also don't know the future for others.

By the way, if I were concerned about having the $$$$ when the advanced shipment comes, maybe I'd try the envelope system for a few months with those dollars -  but this time I'd put the money in and seal that envelope until the bill arrives.  That would work for me ---  kind of out of sight, out of mind.

And if something happens that one item can't ship, you don't have to fret about getting your money back.

Trusted Contributor

Having never ordered anything I am not sure but I have heard the hosts say that on advance orders you will get an email ahead of shipping, reminding you that the account you used will be charged.

I hope that helps.

Most places that I have dealt with do not bill until they ship and in my opinion, that is as it should be.

Super Contributor

@DeborahAnn1987 

also, if you are concerned about being able to afford something in December, then maybe best not to order at all?  Just a thought since it seems like that could be an issue for you.