Respected Contributor

Re: Not Use to Seeing Shawn in Jewlery

@docsgirl  She does it to be different and knows better but it comes off tacky like when she says "bucks" instead of dollars, like bargaining at a Garage Sale.

Respected Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

I'm curious to know why she refers to monetary denominations so grossly incorrectly.  She will say, 'a 38 dollar bill' instead of '$38.'  She does the same with other monetary denominations, eg. a 25 dollar bill, a 45 dollar bill, etc..

Does she do it for attention or is she really uneducated as to the monetary denominations?  I taped her one night and brought it into school.  When my 4th graders listened to it, they were astounded.  One student asked how an adult didn't know monetary denominations since they did.

Are you serious?!  Of course she knows the monetary denominations. It's just a way of speaking. Good grief ...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Well what it does for me is make me not watch any show she hosts. 

Esteemed Contributor

yeah Shawn saves "enter product here". 

Guess I miss her appeal.

Esteemed Contributor

There has been a spiraling decline: unprofessional, unprepared, unkempt, uncared for and a lack of respect for employer, customers, and herself. She's said many times, "fake it until  you make it" and throw in laziness. It could be boredom has set in and it shows.