Honored Contributor

Re: Not Use to Seeing Shawn in Jewlery

@spumoni99 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@docsgirl wrote:

I'm curious to know why she refers to monetary denominations so grossly incorrectly.  She will say, 'a 38 dollar bill' instead of '$38.'  She does the same with other monetary denominations, eg. a 25 dollar bill, a 45 dollar bill, etc..

Does she do it for attention or is she really uneducated as to the monetary denominations?  I taped her one night and brought it into school.  When my 4th graders listened to it, they were astounded.  One student asked how an adult didn't know monetary denominations since they did.

I  completely agree. She also routinely butchers words with wrong tenses. She often appears with dirty hair which I totally don't get. I think all the Q hosts do a fine job but I cannot watch Shawn or JT. If I flip by and either are hosting I keep on going.

I noticed her hair tonight, not sure if its dirty it looks like maybe too much product is on it?

@spumoni99   Watched her at 10-12mid. her hair looks weird. ITA, either too much product or dirty. If too much stuff in it, it IS dirty, to me. 

Hey, anything to have us discussing her, right?

Esteemed Contributor

Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair

snapshot.thumb.jpg.2446b35893ae7d012f312b125fdb3091.jpg

Respected Contributor

Don't forget, QVC has her advertised as their beauty and fashion expert.  Just sayin'...

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@docsgirl  She knows better.  It's a "Shawn" thing.  It's part of her quirky persona.

I agree with you @LuvSoCal  it is her persona. The problem with her is she is trying too hard to be quirky. We can all see and recognize it. I know a lot of quirky people, and it just comes without trying. 

Esteemed Contributor

She "plays quirky" as an act for the benefit of her audience. 

It seems to work for her (and them.)

Respected Contributor

@manny2 "I agree with you @LuvSoCal  it is her persona. The problem with her is she is trying too hard to be quirky. We can all see and recognize it. I know a lot of quirky people, and it just comes without trying."

I agree with you.  Her quirkiness doesn't appear to be natural.  It looks forced to me.   

Respected Contributor

After the Josie show, Shawn hosted the Diamonique show on Q2 at 10PM, that is the reason she was wearing the jewelry.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The first time I ever saw Shawn do a presentation, she was on with Lisa Robertson, who I believe was her mentor and Lisa turned the presentation of a piece of jewelry over to her. She did an exceptional job. As her star has risen, she's had to take on more responsibilities, more hours and sales of everything from soup to nuts, just as Lisa did before her. In the process, she's tweaked her presentation style and either added or been told to add quirks that someone probably assumes work for her. I don't mind Shawn but like almost any of today's over the top hosts, a little can go a long way.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The problem with many of the QVC hosts, IMO, is that they become the focus of the presentation and not the product itself thus I rarely watch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

The first time I ever saw Shawn do a presentation, she was on with Lisa Robertso, who I believe was her mentor and Lisa turned the presentation of a piece of jewelry over to her. She did an exceptional job. As her star has risen, she's had to take on more responsibilities, more hours and sales of everything from soup to nuts, just as Lisa did before her. In the process, she's tweaked her presentation style and either added or been told to add quirks that someone probably assumes work for her. I don't mind Shawn but like almost any of today's over the top hosts, a little can go a long way.

I agree.  However, I also think there is an element of a new host trying to do something the way they were trained (so as to get a good evaluation), and then morphing into more of their own personality once the position has been secured.  I think she is quirky, but plays up the quirkiness for the audience so she will be known as the quirky host.

@stevieb