Honored Contributor

Not Use to Seeing Shawn in Jewlery

Other than her earrings, she never wears any bracelets or necklaces.  Just seeing her come on air at 9:00 w/ Josie Maran and she's decked out in jewelry.

Regular Contributor

Re: Not Use to Seeing Shawn in Jewlery

I just checked and I do think Shawn looks lovely.

Respected Contributor

I'M waiting to see Shawn hawking a bedazzled sleep mask.  She'll sell thousands!!! 

Valued Contributor

I'm curious to know why she refers to monetary denominations so grossly incorrectly.  She will say, 'a 38 dollar bill' instead of '$38.'  She does the same with other monetary denominations, eg. a 25 dollar bill, a 45 dollar bill, etc..

Does she do it for attention or is she really uneducated as to the monetary denominations?  I taped her one night and brought it into school.  When my 4th graders listened to it, they were astounded.  One student asked how an adult didn't know monetary denominations since they did.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Other than her earrings, she never wears any bracelets or necklaces.  Just seeing her come on air at 9:00 w/ Josie Maran and she's decked out in jewelry.

@rms1954   Beats watching Romper Room on the main channel.

Respected Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

I'm curious to know why she refers to monetary denominations so grossly incorrectly.  She will say, 'a 38 dollar bill' instead of '$38.'  She does the same with other monetary denominations, eg. a 25 dollar bill, a 45 dollar bill, etc..

Does she do it for attention or is she really uneducated as to the monetary denominations?  I taped her one night and brought it into school.  When my 4th graders listened to it, they were astounded.  One student asked how an adult didn't know monetary denominations since they did.

I  completely agree. She also routinely butchers words with wrong tenses. She often appears with dirty hair which I totally don't get. I think all the Q hosts do a fine job but I cannot watch Shawn or JT. If I flip by and either are hosting I keep on going.

Trusted Contributor

@docsgirl  She knows better.  It's a "Shawn" thing.  It's part of her quirky persona.

Respected Contributor

Made me think of this QVC ad from waaaaaaay back in the day. I thought it was so cute and fun!!!

May be an image of 1 person

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@docsgirl wrote:

I  completely agree. She also routinely butchers words with wrong tenses. She often appears with dirty hair which I totally don't get. I think all the Q hosts do a fine job but I cannot watch Shawn or JT. If I flip by and either are hosting I keep on going.

I noticed her hair tonight, not sure if its dirty it looks like maybe too much product is on it?

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@docsgirl  She knows better.  It's a "Shawn" thing.  It's part of her quirky persona.

@LuvSoCal  I think she uses it as an attention getter....