Super Contributor

Not Getting Any Real Answer - Will I Have To SIGN For The Halo TSV Sent Via FedEx Home Delivery?

Hi,
I've tried calling CS, i tried putting a post on the Customer Care forum, and I sent an email to CS / Social Team no response - I'm trying to find out since my Halo TSV was sent via FedEx Home Delivery and is a very expensive item, will I be required to sign for it upon delivery? QVC CS said for me to call FedEx to find out, well unfortunately they're closed of course now- i don't know it could show up Friday morning ugh- any help on this would be so greatly appreciated!
I've never bought anything being delivered by FedEx Home Delivery so this is totally new to me.
Respected Contributor

Re: Not Getting Any Real Answer - Will I Have To SIGN For The Halo TSV Sent Via FedEx Home Delivery?

Just go on the Fed Ex Home Delivery Website and it guides you through the process.

You must have the tracking number, enter that in and they have a "delivery manager" that you'll be able to change the delivery time so you'll have it.

It's pretty easy, just read and do what they tell you to do.

Then you'll be home and able to accept your package or arrange for a pickup at one of the locations.

I wouldn't worry about signing, I would worry about if they left it there somewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not Getting Any Real Answer - Will I Have To SIGN For The Halo TSV Sent Via FedEx Home Delivery?

@DooneyGal2 - In my experience with FedEx Home Delivery, I would say you will not need to be present to sign for the delivery—I've never had to.

Honored Contributor

I think only FedEx can answer your question.  Since not much from QVC is shipped with this carrier, we have little experience with them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I get a lot of things shipped from FedEx, for shopping and for work.

Lots of stores besides QVC use them, and usually the boxes are just left on my porch, no signature required.

Sometimes the sender MANDATES a signature (it might cost them a bit more), so you must be home for the delivery. 

BUT you can change your delivery to one of their specified locations if you will not be home.  Most of the FedEx offices are a bit of a drive from me, but sometimes they will hold it at a closer location (drug store?).  

Every once in a while there are areas of the country where FedEx requires signatures, but after covid it did not seem to occur as frequently.

Yes, you can join Fed Ex for free and customize most of your delivery actions. I am not sure if you will receive an advance tracking number from the HALO store, but once you join FedEx, they will send you advance emails regarding the delivery.

P.S. Fed Ex is always open 24 hours a day with the virtual assistant.

Super Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I get a lot of things shipped from FedEx, for shopping and for work.

Lots of stores besides QVC use them, and usually the boxes are just left on my porch, no signature required.

Sometimes the sender MANDATES a signature (it might cost them a bit more), so you must be home for the delivery. 

BUT you can change your delivery to one of their specified locations if you will not be home.  Most of the FedEx offices are a bit of a drive from me, but sometimes they will hold it at a closer location (drug store?).  

Every once in a while there are areas of the country where FedEx requires signatures, but after covid it did not seem to occur as frequently.

Yes, you can join Fed Ex for free and customize most of your delivery actions. I am not sure if you will receive an advance tracking number from the HALO store, but once you join FedEx, they will send you advance emails regarding the delivery.

P.S. Fed Ex is always open 24 hours a day with the virtual assistant.

Thanks so much for the info, appreciated! Part of why I'm thinking a signature will be required is, it is.... a very expensive item for those not familiar ugh. So hence Halo possibly requiring a signature IMHO. I did go on the FedEx site put in tracking info and after, it showed pertinent info on the Halo and there was a section there that said Signature Required- so who knows sigh. I'm going to try and contact their (FedEx) local office in my town Friday and see what they can hopefully tell me.

Super Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@DooneyGal2 - In my experience with FedEx Home Delivery, I would say you will not need to be present to sign for the delivery—I've never had to.

Did you get a really pricey / expensive item ever delivered by them? If this were a $500 or less item, I'd maybe think that would be the case (no signature required) .... but since the Halo TSV is an item of really great worth / price, not sure ugh. They (Halo) may feel the need to prove it was received. I wish I had thought of this beforehand, probably would not have ordered. I'll probably try calling FedEx Friday and see what I can find out!

Super Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Just go on the Fed Ex Home Delivery Website and it guides you through the process.

You must have the tracking number, enter that in and they have a "delivery manager" that you'll be able to change the delivery time so you'll have it.

It's pretty easy, just read and do what they tell you to do.

Then you'll be home and able to accept your package or arrange for a pickup at one of the locations.

I wouldn't worry about signing, I would worry about if they left it there somewhere.

Our neighborhood (knock on wood) is very safe, it's an active adult community and there's never been problems that I'm aware of thankfully.

I did go on FedEx site and put in the tracking info, so far they're not showing any activity/ movement of the package just that "tracking info received" from the vendor or whatever- also I never saw a "Delivery Manager" section anywhere but perhaps that's because it hasn't updated to showing the item going anywhere as of yet. 

That Delivery Manager would be awesome, I'll have to try and check for it Friday, here's hoping.

Honored Contributor

My experience with Fed Ex is that their tracking is ALWAYS wrong.

Says out for Delivery....never shows up...last time, showed OUT 3 days before it finally arrived.

My experience is their info is VERY unreliable.

Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

My experience with Fed Ex is that their tracking is ALWAYS wrong.

Says out for Delivery....never shows up...last time, showed OUT 3 days before it finally arrived.

My experience is their info is VERY unreliable.

Good luck!

I've had LOTS of items delivered by FedEx. NEVER had any problems. Tracking number was ALWAYS accurate.