Frequent Contributor

Just heard Jayne Brown this morning, on "Fashionably Early" yell to someone off stage "Save me the black, size Medium. Want to get this before they sell out." Should the host be shopping while on the air?

Honored Contributor

Re: Not Exactly Professional

It is a sales gimmick 99.99% of the time, nothing else. Several hosts do this.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they absolutely should.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Lots of posters want the hosts to wear only QVC fashions. When should they buy them; I'm assuming they do actually buy some items although like any retail person who has influence, they are given some also.

I personally don't care what they wear. I like seeing QVC clothes in action, but I also love seeing the hosts' personal choices. I also don't care when they buy what they want. That word "professional" to me often translates to "boring." If I didn't like the QVC culture, I'd watch elsewhere because I'm buying next to nothing this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't be fooled by the hosts nonsense.. it is the hard sell. Pure and simple!

Esteemed Contributor

if they wanted any item they could purchase it before they come on air...I didn't see what Jayne was purchasing but if it was the TSV it came on at midnight...doesn't she have a T.V...its all a selling ploy...I don't believe any of them....but I do get annoyed hearing them do that shout out for themselves...

what happened to ""we are not allowed to purchase till the consumer buys first"" that they use to say....

Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 circles said:

if they wanted any item they could purchase it before they come on air...I didn't see what Jayne was purchasing but if it was the TSV it came on at midnight...doesn't she have a T.V...its all a selling ploy...I don't believe any of them....but I do get annoyed hearing them do that shout out for themselves...

what happened to "we are not allowed to purchase till the consumer buys first" that they use to say....

Oh, I am so glad I saw your post. This is one of my pet peeves. Today on the afternoon show with Isaac and Shawn I was totally disgusted. First let me say, I love everything Isaac, my closet is stuffed with his cardigans, etc. However, today he presented a watch and was yelling for someone on his staff to get him some grays and some blacks (forgot the amount), he then proceeded to take out his cell phone and call him while he was on the air! Come on, this is so totally unprofessional. Doesn't he know what he is selling, and can't he get some of his own line beforehand? It is bad enough when Lisa and Carolyn always shout out for someone to order for them while on the air, but this is ridiculous. They are supposed to be selling to their customers, not themselves, especially while on the air.

Another thing that struck me as odd, when presenting a suede jacket, Isaac was amazed and surprised that it is machine washable. Doesn't he know his own products??? Very, very odd.

Respected Contributor

It is so unprofessional when the host yells out for someone to buy an item for them. I have heard them say will someone please call my husband right now and tell him to order #-----

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

No, he surely doesn't know his products. Someone buys them in China, has his label sewn in and he sees it the first time when it's presented.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't believe it for even half a second. They will say *anything* to up their sales figures.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all