Respected Contributor

Re: Nostalgic for the oldies

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

Sorry, but I didn’t spend any of my money on that list. Now if you had added silver style, then we could talk!! It was their silver jewelry before the designer labels shot the prices to outer space that hooked me on QVC.

Why are you "sorry"?

That I can't relate to that specific list...But there were other shows, such as silver style, I could be nostalgic over.

Super Contributor

This brought to mind Gabrielle T sweaters. I had forgotten all about those...I had several.
Trusted Contributor

I really miss the good quality gold jewelry at prices I could afford. 

Valued Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@shaggygirl 

I don't remember that host, but wish I had seen him.

HSN used to sell tons of Capidomonte...some very large pieces.  It was a fun show to watch.

My grandmother used to have some lovely pieces from Scicilty...such nice memories!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

HAVE SEVERAL PIECES Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I miss Mike Rowe as a host.  He was handsome and funny.

I miss Nolan Miller's costume jewelry collection and the way he spoke about the pieces.  HIs jewelry was very well made.

QVC nowadays is the same products over n over.  Philosophy, Dooney, Josie, Dyson, IT - can't watch and I'm turned off by some of the vendors and hosts.  I spend more time reading these forums - MUCH MORE - than I do watching the programs.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Regular Contributor

@jellyBEAN, and don't forget the junk that Lori Grenier hurls at us!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Mojave Magic was one I watched a lot and all the gemstone jewelry with Lisa Mason. I miss the old hosts the most. 

Yes, Mohjave Magic with Michael Marron..I do remember that makeup line! Principal Secret as well.....

Trusted Contributor

I really miss Linda Dano.  Her things were so nice.  I bought one of her comforters that I still use.  She was classy and described her merchandise and showed how to display them.  Sure do miss those days!

Trusted Contributor

Lori Grenier stuff is just junk that does not work.  She had that phone and computer screen cleaner on the other day.  She was demonstrating it with a screen with a lot of fingerprints.  She used the device and then showed the screen and it was all smeared.  Boy, did sure turn that phone around fast!  I wouldn't pay 5 cents for that piece of garbage.

Honored Contributor

I never was crazy about any of those lines except the Cedar Canyon Jewelry and Judith Jack marcasite jewelry. I wish they would bring Judith Jack back with marcasite.