Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nostalgic for the oldies

Host Steve Cartenuto selling Capodimonte

Trusted Contributor

What memories. I use to love how elaborate the settings were when they presented Kirk's Folly and the Gold Rush. I remember Murphy the Q dog....so much fun back in the day. The different rooms were decorated for Christmas in an old fashioned way....now the sets are too modern for my taste....but, to each their own.😊

Respected Contributor

I also loved the tiffany lamps and quilt shows, memories of my youth!  I still have those in my home that I purchased and still enjoy .

Honored Contributor

Mojave Magic was one I watched a lot and all the gemstone jewelry with Lisa Mason. I miss the old hosts the most. 

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Reever 

You certainly recall for me some of the more interesting and unique vendors and merchandise we got to enjoy in the past......I would add Black Hills Gold and Jim (the vendor) and his special socks he always wore.....Thomas Pacconi Christmas ornaments.  QVC used to have many interesting and affordable silver jewelry and even fashion jewelry vendors....

I know Dan Hughes tried to get For Race Fans Only as streaming show.... interesting show and guests (go JGR!)

Time marches on and I realize that interests and viewer tastes change, and while we can't relive the past, one thing QVC should do is to bring back a bit more variety and uniqueness that they had in the past, instead of stuff we see anywhere and everywhere these days....(and for those QVC "defenders" ----I only watch what I enjoy, I do change the channel and I dont watch 24/7).....

I still have some Black Hills Gold jewelry and receive many compliments on it. The quality was exceptional. I miss it too.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

I have a number of Black Hills Gold jewelry pieces too and enjoy them.... It was sad what happened to the company, they closed their physical stores, financial difficulties 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Reever 

You certainly recall for me some of the more interesting and unique vendors and merchandise we got to enjoy in the past......I would add Black Hills Gold and Jim (the vendor) and his special socks he always wore.....Thomas Pacconi Christmas ornaments.  QVC used to have many interesting and affordable silver jewelry and even fashion jewelry vendors....

I know Dan Hughes tried to get For Race Fans Only as streaming show.... interesting show and guests (go JGR!)

Time marches on and I realize that interests and viewer tastes change, and while we can't relive the past, one thing QVC should do is to bring back a bit more variety and uniqueness that they had in the past, instead of stuff we see anywhere and everywhere these days....(and for those QVC "defenders" ----I only watch what I enjoy, I do change the channel and I dont watch 24/7).....

I still have some Black Hills Gold jewelry and receive many compliments on it. The quality was exceptional. I miss it too.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

I have a number of Black Hills Gold jewelry pieces too and enjoy them.... It was sad what happened to the company, they closed their physical stores, financial difficulties 

I hate that time changes !  Wish we could be stuck forever when people were carefree and happy.  I miss the 60s.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever 

Jill and David V. used to do a Warner Bros. show selling some really cute embroidered items....all WB characters.

They would sit around a big round table that was, I believe, the Tasmanian Devil?  My memory is fuzzy, and I think Jane T. used to do it too.

It was a fun show!

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl 

I don't remember that host, but wish I had seen him.

HSN used to sell tons of Capidomonte...some very large pieces.  It was a fun show to watch.

My grandmother used to have some lovely pieces from Scicilty...such nice memories!

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

I have a couple of QVC Program guides from 2004. When I look at the lineup, it reminds me of the variety of products that QVC used to sell.