Respected Contributor

Anyone else miss spend the night reminiscing about the hey day of QVC ? I know I do. Thats when the Q was in its full glory. Many of us would order thousands of dollars of merchandise.  It was an "experience" sadly now its becoming like most retailers. The personal touch left the building !!

Boyds Bears

Victor Costa Occasrion

Cedar Canyon Jewelry

Musueum of Americn Folk art quilts

For Women only By Dr. Shari Liebermann

Marie Osmond Collectibe Dolls

Thomas Kinkade - Painter of Light

the QVC Local

For Race Fans Only with Dan Hughes

Reflections Jewelry by Judith Jack

Virginia Turner Dolls

Many Splendid Things from Kathy Hilton

Sport Savvy

Dolls by Pauline

In the Kicthen - with BOB !

Hydron

Linda Dano Home

The Principal Secret

Kenneth Jay Lane Jewelry

Christopher Radcko Ornaments

KOOS of Course

Nolan Miller

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nostalgic for the oldies

@Reever  Boy I forgot about some of these vendors. I still have a KOOS jacket and sport savvy sweater. Your right the good old days. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still have my Black Forest  Cuckoo clock . My Grandson loves it when it cuckoos and plays Edelweiss

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! I have not thought about many of these in years. Some, I'd forgotten altogether. A few, I just do not remember. I used to love Principal Secret and anything Linda Dano presented. Such a nice memory this morning. I still have a few kitchen items I ordered from Bob Bowersox. Where did the time go?

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever 

You certainly recall for me some of the more interesting and unique vendors and merchandise we got to enjoy in the past......I would add Black Hills Gold and Jim (the vendor) and his special socks he always wore.....Thomas Pacconi Christmas ornaments.  QVC used to have many interesting and affordable silver jewelry and even fashion jewelry vendors....

I know Dan Hughes tried to get For Race Fans Only as streaming show.... interesting show and guests (go JGR!)

Time marches on and I realize that interests and viewer tastes change, and while we can't relive the past, one thing QVC should do is to bring back a bit more variety and uniqueness like we see that QVC did in the past, instead of just the same products  we see anywhere and everywhere these days....(and for those QVC "defenders" ----I only watch what I enjoy, I do change the channel and I dont watch 24/7).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Madison Ridge purses, definitely Linda Dano, their was a gal that brought preppy style clothes in pastel colors, can't remember the name of her line, pretty sure it was an east company but really good quality.  Best little black cocktail dress by Geroge Simonton, the cottage home line.  I'm sure there are others but right now I can't remember.  I have shopped since the early 90's.  My favorite late aunt watched from the beginning.  I do remember how weird the background music was!  

Honored Contributor

Joseph Ippolito Sterling Jewelry.

Respected Contributor

@coconut1818 wrote:

Madison Ridge purses, definitely Linda Dano, their was a gal that brought preppy style clothes in pastel colors, can't remember the name of her line, pretty sure it was an east company but really good quality.  Best little black cocktail dress by Geroge Simonton, the cottage home line.  I'm sure there are others but right now I can't remember.  I have shopped since the early 90's.  My favorite late aunt watched from the beginning.  I do remember how weird the background music was!  

Yes Cocounut1818 it is interesting that QVC is a fabric in our lives and many of us share a bond through QVC !  It is funny how that works.  So grateful for QVC but also worry the days of the QVC we know may be coming to an end.  Cord cutting/digital platforms seem to mean we will one day lose QVC. I hope I am wrong but I am seeing ominous signs pointing in that direction.

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

Joseph Ippolito Sterling Jewelry.

Violann do you remmeber when Joseph Esposito was arrested for selling marijuana and butane oil to an undercover officer in Rhode Island ? 

Who would think someone associated with QVC would ever do that !

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Reever 

You certainly recall for me some of the more interesting and unique vendors and merchandise we got to enjoy in the past......I would add Black Hills Gold and Jim (the vendor) and his special socks he always wore.....Thomas Pacconi Christmas ornaments.  QVC used to have many interesting and affordable silver jewelry and even fashion jewelry vendors....

I know Dan Hughes tried to get For Race Fans Only as streaming show.... interesting show and guests (go JGR!)

Time marches on and I realize that interests and viewer tastes change, and while we can't relive the past, one thing QVC should do is to bring back a bit more variety and uniqueness that they had in the past, instead of stuff we see anywhere and everywhere these days....(and for those QVC "defenders" ----I only watch what I enjoy, I do change the channel and I dont watch 24/7).....

I still have some Black Hills Gold jewelry and receive many compliments on it. The quality was exceptional. I miss it too.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖