QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Re: Nostalgic for the oldies

@Reever wrote:

Anyone else miss spend the night reminiscing about the hey day of QVC ? I know I do. Thats when the Q was in its full glory. Many of us would order thousands of dollars of merchandise.  It was an "experience" sadly now its becoming like most retailers. The personal touch left the building !!

Boyds Bears

Victor Costa Occasrion

Cedar Canyon Jewelry

Musueum of Americn Folk art quilts

For Women only By Dr. Shari Liebermann

Marie Osmond Collectibe Dolls

Thomas Kinkade - Painter of Light

the QVC Local

For Race Fans Only with Dan Hughes

Reflections Jewelry by Judith Jack

Virginia Turner Dolls

Many Splendid Things from Kathy Hilton

Sport Savvy

Dolls by Pauline

In the Kicthen - with BOB !

Hydron

Linda Dano Home

The Principal Secret

Kenneth Jay Lane Jewelry

Christopher Radcko Ornaments

KOOS of Course

Nolan Miller

Thomas kinkade paintings are on ShophqSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the memories. I don't remember Thomas Kincade. Kind of funny, I just ordered three (3) of his calendars today from Amazon. If QVC ever got him back I would glue myself to the couch to watch. Love his things! They are just so beautiful and they have a calming effect on a person.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Sorry, but I didn’t spend any of my money on that list. Now if you had added silver style, then we could talk!! It was their silver jewelry before the designer labels shot the prices to outer space that hooked me on QVC.

Why are you "sorry"?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I did like Boyd's Bears and the 50/50 tours, the clothing and shoes were way to conservaative for me.  There were too many collectibles, home decorating  shows, craft stuff and tacky jewelry.  I did find tv shopping exciting and bought a lot of cleaning and kitchen gadgets that were worthless.  Most of these OP mentioned are now items that would not sell well now.  I have to say I can find so many great things now here including clothing and shoes.  Another thing shipping was a lot slower back then also.

Honored Contributor

The only thing on that list that I ever bought was Christopher Radko ornaments.  I never bought any from QVC, but I do have some.  I love them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I remember most of the shows mentioned, and enjoyed the Q's "Golden Age."  Still have/use/wear some holiday Boyd's Bears, silver and gold jewelry, a gorgeous beaded and sparkly Joan Rivers collar (hard to describe...a cross between a scarf and a collar),  a Tiffany lamp, and some Peterboro baskets.  

Shows were varied with innovative products, and prices and shipping were reasonable.  I was working, and didn't have a lot of time for shopping, so the Q was a big convenience for me.

As I've aged, my needs and wants are different, and a huge world of shopping is available to everyone online now.  

Trusted Contributor

@Reever I loved many of the items/brands you list and have a basement filled with a lot of this stuff. While I enjoyed the programming back in the day, I cannot say that I would be interested now.

I have hundreds of Boyds Bears, Bette Ball dolls, Peterboto baskets etc that I need to donate/find homes for. I was going through some stuff last week and found a couple of Joy Mangano rolly items (the ones that you use to store items like screws and nails etc and 2 of the jewelry rolly cases) and the flower arranger/vase that has multiple ports to place flowers/create a professional looking arrangement. Oh, and a Bow Master too. 

I did buy probably 95% of the stuff at the QVC outlets stores so I didn't break the bank. And I did enjoy these items at the time I purchased them. 

Respected Contributor

I cant think of the two male vendors that use to come on with 

Honored Contributor

There's nothing about the 60's that was a warm & fuzzy simpler time for me.  But, as far as QVC is concerned.....

.... wouldn't it be interesting to see one show where they bring back many of those long-ago products?  Invite the host or vendor to come back (those that can) for just that one show.  I wonder how the items would sell today. I'd certainly watch that show!!