Respected Contributor

Re: Nostalgia for Hosts of Christmas Past

@QVCJH wrote:

Who remembers Kathy Levine reading A Cup of Christmas Tea?

@Justshop and @QVCkitty1 did 5 days ago on page 2 of this thread.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!  That poor poster got schooled!  QVC Forum style.

Respected Contributor

When we first got QVC here, it only aired from midnight to 7 pm, so no Kathy.  In those days I liked Clarence Reynolds:  Handsome, with a calm, soothing voice.

When QVC finally aired 24 hours and I watched Kathy, enjoyed her very much.  Her shows with Joan were classic !!!

Esteemed Contributor

Anybody remember when QVC sold their own Christmas cards, and a CD was included of the hosts singing Christmas carols?

I bought a box, and those were my holiday cards one year.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Regular Contributor

This is probably odd since I don't ever remember purchasing anything but I miss the the big deal they used to make over St. Patricks day with all the sweaters and glassware.  The items they sold just weren't for me but I still loved seeing and hearing about them.  I think Jill Bauer and Judy Crowell hosted them quite a bit.  

QVC may still make a big deal over St. Patrick's Day, I just started watching again over quarantine.  It's been a nice break from the pandemic, riots and political coverage.

Super Contributor

I am in my 50's but started watching QVC in my 20's as both my mother and mother-in-law were devoted shoppers.

I miss the general classiness of the shows and items presented. But when I think about it, the changes aren't just on QVC but in the rest of our society when it comes to shopping. 

I remember when Victoria's Secret was a beautiful store that played classical music and showcased modest pajamas and robes in the front.  I used to buy their floral pajama sets that were so soft and their lotion sets that smelled so good. Today that store caters to a young crowd and has a racy, almost x-rated presentation.

As far as QVC I miss Joan Rivers.  But I can't imagine her trying to sell things today as her style would clash head-on with the casual, athleisure look that is so popular.

Respected Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

When we first got QVC here, it only aired from midnight to 7 pm, so no Kathy.  In those days I liked Clarence Reynolds:  Handsome, with a calm, soothing voice.

When QVC finally aired 24 hours and I watched Kathy, enjoyed her very much.  Her shows with Joan were classic !!!

I had completely forgotten about Clarence Reynolds.   I used to enjoy watching his presentations.  As you said, his voice was so pleasant and he was really easy on the eyes.