Super Contributor

Nostalgia for Hosts of Christmas Past

I do most of my Q watching in the fall and holiday seasons.  It's this time of year that I really miss former hosts like Lisa Robertson, Jill Bauer, Lisa Mason.  Sharon Faetch was good on the gourmet holiday shows, too.

Remember when hosts and presenters dressed up in suits and fine jewelry rather than workout and lounging attire?  Also productions like Lisa R's New Year's Eve broadcast from Vienna and other road shows. 

What early-days hosts do you miss, and does anyone know what they are up to these days? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Nostalgia for Hosts of Christmas Past

@LeaLeander wrote:

I do most of my Q watching in the fall and holiday seasons.  It's this time of year that I really miss former hosts like Lisa Robertson, Jill Bauer, Lisa Mason.  Sharon Faetch was good on the gourmet holiday shows, too.

Remember when hosts and presenters dressed up in suits and fine jewelry rather than workout and lounging attire?  Also productions like Lisa R's New Year's Eve broadcast from Vienna and other road shows. 

What early-days hosts do you miss, and does anyone know what they are up to these days? 

I do miss Lisa Robertson's Christmas shows on the Q.  I have several of those items and still love them.  She has her own website where she is selling all kinds of items.  Sadly though, I don't think she is selling as well as she did in the past but I wish her continued luck.  

Lisa Mason, love her too...she is selling her diamonique jewelry here.  Jill Bauer retired last year and is doing segments on the Today's show.  She lucked out with a great gig.  I don't know what Sharon F. is doing.

Valued Contributor

I do miss others but Lisa Robertson most of all. Her Friday night shows, p.m. styles, and her Christmas shows were the best. And when they used to get together and do songs Lisa did one with Dave King and Rick and Joan Rivers did one

Honored Contributor

I sort of miss Lisa Mason.  

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I sort of miss Lisa Mason.  

@Krimpette .....Lisa Mason is here.  She doesn't come on often, but she is selling her diamonique jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@LeaLeanderwhat a different world we’re in now!  I’m liked those hosts, but I haven’t followed them once they moved on.  

Of course, it’s not just QVC that’s different.  I am, too.  I’m doing so little shopping that I wonder if I would choose to watch today if the company were a new thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a number of items that I purchased from Jill's Christmas shows.  I bring them out annually and they are great quality. 

The Christmas shows have devolved into reboxing items into threes and fours for "gifting." 

Respected Contributor

Sadly, the Christmas shows are not as exciting as they used to be.  Maybe one day that will change.

As I stated, Lisa Robertson has her own company (since 2016) and she has some lovely Christmas items up for sale.  I don't think her things are selling out as fast as they used to and maybe (if you are interested) can go to her site and buy some things.  I wish her continued luck....but it seems as alot of places are going on-line these days and so much competition.

Honored Contributor

All of the former hosts have social media pages, just google them.

I don't 'miss' any of them, they were just salespeople to me.

But I don't watch QVC, I just buy online and only see the hosts on videos of items I'm interested in, so I don't feel any connection to them.

During the holidays, I tend to reminisce about family members I've lost instead.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

That was then, this is now.  Since I am so much older, family gone, no big gatherings for many years, the holidays are very different now.  But I don't think of QVC as part of the holidays when I look back to be really honest.

No gifts to buy, dinners to plan, stress of the season, parties to go to, so I don't have "holidays" on the brain now.  It all seems like a zillion years ago.  Another life.  Which it was.