Respected Contributor

Re: No wonder shipping takes so long

@FranandZoe wrote:

I live in southwestern PA - QVC is in eastern PA.  I ordered a top a few days ago.  It was processed then went to New Jersey.  Now it's in Ohio.  This happens a lot.  I've seen orders shipped across the country before coming back this way.  How does this make sense?  And who's fault is it?

I live in GA.  Couple of years ago my QVC order left PA and started down the East Coast.  Got as far as North Carolina or South Carolina.  Then sling shot across country and landed in the Northwest, like Oregon or Washingston State.  After than, headed back to PA and then back down the East Coast to GA.  I mentioned this to the post office during a conversation we were having.  He said he never heard of that happening before.  I don't think he believed me.

Trusted Contributor

As far as the shipping all over the country, it reminds me of airlines and their hubs.  Regarding the shipping, I agree with those who are tired of all their old excuses.  They have had shipping problems since long before the pandemic, fire, etc.  

I placed 2 Dr. Denese orders when she had the BOGO this past week.  According to order status, they both shipped on 8/9.  I received one on the 11th.  When I click on the tracking link for the other one, it says there is an error and to call customer service.  I will hold off doing that until Monday.  Also, they have already charged me for both orders.  

I very, very rarely order from QVC due to all the shipping issues I read about.  This time I did it because I got an email from Dr. Denese about the upcoming BOGO.  

Shipping is a BASIC for an online company and they just can't get it right.  

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you. Takes forever to receive your order lately it’s ridiculous when other places can send ordered items in just a few days. It took four days just to get my one item to the shipping process.

Valued Contributor

Today (Saturday) I received something ordered on Aug. 8. It was shipped on the 11th. Not so bad for QVC and it came from one of the Cali warehouses.

But last month I placed an order on 7/23, finally was shipped on 8/3 from Butner, NC, arrived at a Phoeix area UPS facility on 8/5, then transfered to local USPS facility (this can be a tricky manuever it seems), then sent to Shawnee, Kansas! Once there, it was discovered to be in the wrong place, then shipped back to Phoenix. It finally arrived in my mailbox on 8/8. A long wait before they shipped it from QVC, then the USPS confusion. At least I have it, and really like it. Just ordered another so we'll see how long this second one takes. 

Super Contributor

It's a problem when UPS hands off to USPS. I pay UPS to handle my pkgs but they still hand them off once in a while. 
It was explained to me at the center where UPS hands off to USPS that when using that method they sometimes hold packages until they have a "load" for a truck to save them money. So our package might sit in their facility for a while. So that is the WORST method of shipping.
What I wish is that if QVC is going to use that service, they give that information befor you order.  Once we order it is next to impossible to cancel it and we might wait weeks for something we needed in one week. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how some people are lucky enough to get their orders in 3 to 4 days, mine sit in process for a week before they're even sent out.

Trusted Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

As far as the shipping all over the country, it reminds me of airlines and their hubs.  Regarding the shipping, I agree with those who are tired of all their old excuses.  They have had shipping problems since long before the pandemic, fire, etc.  

I placed 2 Dr. Denese orders when she had the BOGO this past week.  According to order status, they both shipped on 8/9.  I received one on the 11th.  When I click on the tracking link for the other one, it says there is an error and to call customer service.  I will hold off doing that until Monday.  Also, they have already charged me for both orders.  

I very, very rarely order from QVC due to all the shipping issues I read about.  This time I did it because I got an email from Dr. Denese about the upcoming BOGO.  

Shipping is a BASIC for an online company and they just can't get it right.  

So I called today.  CS also couldn't track the order so she tried to replace it.  It was no longer available.  Then she mistakenly gave me a 'membership credit'.  No idea what that is but she told me she had mistakenly done that and would have it corrected as a credit to my VISA.  Due to all the comments I've read here, I wasn't surprised that the order couldn't be replaced and was satisfied with CS -- as long as I get the credit!

Respected Contributor

I have shopped QVC for years and they are famous for their slow shipping. I just build that into the time I need something, in some cases they lose my business. I cannot believe that they haven't corrected this through the years. Time to come into this century!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Frequent Contributor

I don't buy anything from qvc that I plan to see soon