Respected Contributor

No wonder shipping takes so long

[ Edited ]

I live in southwestern PA - QVC is in eastern PA.  I ordered a top a few days ago.  It was processed then went to New Jersey.  Now it's in Ohio.  This happens a lot.  I've seen orders shipped across the country before coming back this way.  How does this make sense?  And who's fault is it?

Honored Contributor

Re: No wonder shipping takes so long

@FranandZoe Everything is not kept and shipped from the QVC where the studio is.  Processing merely means that the order info was sent out digitally to whatever warehouse product comes from.  

Trusted Contributor

When the shipment leaves QVC's warehouse it becomes the responsibility of the carrier.  The Q has no control over how it is routed; that's purely up to the carrier. 

Honored Contributor

When zip codes came into play people had fits because their packages did not go a direct path but went to a central location for sorting.

Today your package may start on a local carrier by truck, go to a hub where it goes on a semi or a plane, is offloaded to another truck going toward a hub near you, then sorted to another processing point or local post office.

Billions of packages and so many carriers and computers running 24/7 to route them and keep them moving so it won't be like some countries where when there is a backlog of mail or parcels they just dump and burn them.  True!

Respected Contributor

Thanks all.

I still don't get sending packages across states - even the country - before if arrives to final destination.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe 

Sometimes products arent even sent from QVC warehouses, they are shipped directly from the manufacturer.....

Also, I think the fire that destroyed the NC Warehouse has impacted QVC's storage and shipping patterns too and this was mentioned in the 2022 Second Quarter financial report.....

Supply chain challenges and downstream impacts from last December’s fire at our Rocky Mount, NC fulfillment center affected our merchandise availability and operational efficiency,” said David Rawlinson, President and CEO of Qurate Retail.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I'm not buying ANY excuses for the ridiculously long shipping from anywhere by QVC.  I've lately been buying a LOT from Amazon and usually get my package within 3:days - and I'm in a rural-type area.  I also shop with Zappos and get my items the next day or 1 day later.  If I need something sooner rather than MUCH LATER I won't even shop for it at QVC. I'm not missing it much either. Especially with the crazy antics during product presentations. Oy. 😳

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

You said "our merchandise ..." so do you work for or own shares in QVC's corporation?   I've been hearing about the burned warehouse for 2 years it seems and every time I have to call about a Late Package I have to hear about the Supply Chain or a flood or trainwreck. That quote from the CEO is exactly what a corporate officer tells shareholders and customers to explain a failing. It's a trainwreck alright - no other eRetailer is still using these excuses for terrible delivery times. Let's be honest here: We consumers are being charged Very High Costs for Shipping & Handling and then we're made to wait up to 2 weeks for arrival IF there is an arrival. . If we need to exchange, return or replace our purchase we are AGAIN charged for S&H.  Such a Deal huh?  I DO like that fun little animation in our Account item page that shows us the 4 stages of shipping and the box that opens when it's delivered- oh Boy!  At least that's something I can understand. I did have one green line that never moved forward after the first Stop - I think it's still there from January. 🥹

@Spurt wrote:

@FranandZoe 

Sometimes products arent even sent from QVC warehouses, they are shipped directly from the manufacturer.....

Also, I think the fire that destroyed the NC Warehouse has impacted QVC's storage and shipping patterns too and this was mentioned in the 2022 Second Quarter financial report.....

Supply chain challenges and downstream impacts from last December’s fire at our Rocky Mount, NC fulfillment center affected our merchandise availability and operational efficiency,” said David Rawlinson, President and CEO of Qurate Retail.

Highlighted
Contributor

I totally agree. I ordered the D&C jeggings on August 8 and my order is still being prepared. On the flip side, I order from Amazon and it gets here within 2-3 days (and I don't have Prime). I also ordered something from the Tarte website a few days ago and it is already on its way.

And I totally agree about returns. You don't hear anything until you reach out to them after you've waited for at least a month. I am still waiting/checking daily to see if something I returned to HSN has made it back to them. I sent back this return at least 2 weeks ago. I could've walked it back faster.

I guess it is my own fault; I should know that whenever I order anything, it will take at least 3-4 weeks from order to delivery. And God help me if I have to return something. Its time to start exercising some restraint.

Respected Contributor

My problem isn't from QVC , when my orders are sent from a certain location , they sit at the post office 100 miles away , this is now a problem from HSN  , my Active Argon gets there and never leaves , it may be an envelope. , classified differently . Other orders come to my local post office  from UPS and i get them the next day.