Super Contributor

No...... they are not $6.00 a pair.

How about being up front & honest & say "Before shipping & tax.

Honored Contributor

Re: No...... they are not $6.00 a pair.

I'm all for truth in advertising, but let's be fair, no site that I've ever seen advertises the total price.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QP Doll Get real. Any place you order from gives the selling price up front. S&H are add ons as everyone knows who shops.

Relax.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course the socks cost $6 a pair.  That's exactly what they are saying.  Like any other purchase, the tax and shipping are then added on.  But the item itself indeed is $6.  I'm not faulting QVC at all with this. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think I have ever asked the price of an item or read the price tag without knowing that tax and possibly shipping would be added. However, I admit I have rolled my eyes or talked back to the TV when a QVC host has talked price and didn't include at least the shipping cost, as one has to pay it or part of it to "get the item home." I think that's because they make such a point of telling us how much we save if the shipping is "free" for the hour or day.

Super Contributor

Why can't  they just state this, or not say it at all.  I actually heard Rachael state this one day, & I thought ..... Yes, good for you!

Honored Contributor

@QP Doll   When you shop in a B & M store there is never a price shown stating before tax!!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Talking about QVC's sales "puffery", what I get a chuckle about is when they show a laptop and when showing the price comparison they include the value of all the worthless software and limited trials of programs/subscriptions as part of the total "savings" but this stuff is what most people won't even use or want.... I personally just look at the cost of the laptop only and compare it to the QVC price to see how much I'd REALLY BE SAVING! 

Why Cats Love Your Laptop, According to Science

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt absolutely a great point. The kitty on the computer is very pretty.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

What a cutie keypad you have, LOL!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.