Honored Contributor

Re: No sizing information from Jayne

Im wondering why you cant look sizes up on the site? 

When they show something I am interested in buying I always look it up first on the size charts and also double check they material to see if it shrinks.  I do this even though I have bought from the vendor before.  Maybe thats just a quirk of mine.

I agree that sizes should definitely be mentioned when showing the item.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

When they show something I am interested in buying I always look it up first on the size charts and also double check they material to see if it shrinks.  I do this even though I have bought from the vendor before.  Maybe thats just a quirk of mine.

@Imaoldhippie 

I agree too, sizing should be mentioned....

The problem is sometimes the "click here" sizing is missing entirely.....or the sizing info isnt accurate (I have had purchases to prove it)......  Plus its inconvenient to have to go to another step before a decision is made on a purchase, if your watching on TV it should be on-step shopping--- hitting a button on the APP or automated ordering........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I agree! I want to know what size the models are wearing. I was watching Amy lastnight with the NJD capri frayed jeans and she never said once what size she or the models were wearing.  I remember Kathy Levine showing the size of the item being presented.  I loved that to at least get an idea of how the sizes ran.  It's very frustrating.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

In my case, I did check the charts.  I always do.  However, Lori was saying she would size up and wear them baggy around the house, but all the reviews said size down -- one even said she sized down 2 sizes.  Some people returned them because they were so baggy.  The fit on the model looked good, so I would like to have known if she sized down and if so, how much.    

To be fair to Sandra since she was the host I mentioned, I will say I noticed this morning that Gabrielle didn't comment on models or sizes and I think she does a good job.  It's almost as if they aren't going to comment on the model sizes if there is only one model.  

Respected Contributor

@MUO wrote:

I just ordered the Gili kimono in spite of the fact that the host gave no sizing information. I kept waiting for Jayne to say something about sizing, such as the size she and the models are wearing. But nothing! These hosts need to know that the number one criteria for at home shopping is understanding the sizing. I hope I did not make a mistake.

Oh my goodness how terrible! Gee, someone call the Q police! Geesh- on a Kimono?? Ad there are size charts for EVERY item.

Frequent Contributor

I always check the size chart, however this piece was bridge sizing, essentially spanning two sizes. A kimono could run very large. It just would have helped to know if it ran large etc. I did not want to be swamped by the size. So please stop the sarcasm. I was just trying to express my frustration. 

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant 

@ellaphant wrote:

@MUO wrote:

I just ordered the Gili kimono in spite of the fact that the host gave no sizing information. I kept waiting for Jayne to say something about sizing, such as the size she and the models are wearing. But nothing! These hosts need to know that the number one criteria for at home shopping is understanding the sizing. I hope I did not make a mistake.

Oh my goodness how terrible! Gee, someone call the Q police! Geesh- on a Kimono?? Ad there are size charts for EVERY item.

@ellaphant   No need to be so sarcastic.  The OP was merely expressing her disappointment.    

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@MUO wrote:

Maybe one fine day you will stop being so sarcastic.

Honored Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

I'm probably in the minority, I don't find sizing info all that helpful - unless it's to suggest sizing up or down. Most of the Q's fashion is purposely cut to their sizes, so you usually know your size, that's one of the best things about the Q!. You can look at the size chart easily enough if you aren't sure. The models and hosts are generally  XXS, XS or S, and we know Jaquie and Adrienne are large, Pam is 1X and Bonnie is M. A garment like a kimono is probably one size. I haven't heard Jayne mention WW since the night their opening night, perhaps she's sensitive about her figure. She's not my favorite, but in this case, I'd cut her some slack.

I don't buy much Q clothing from the Q but always use the "click here" measurements which are the actual garment

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella :

I remember that too! Jayne was so rude about not giving measurements on air.  So many people complained that the Powers That Be gave us the "Click Here" measurments. We wanted garment measurments,  and oh boy, did we get garment measurements!