Frequent Contributor

No sizing information from Jayne

I just ordered the Gili kimono in spite of the fact that the host gave no sizing information. I kept waiting for Jayne to say something about sizing, such as the size she and the models are wearing. But nothing! These hosts need to know that the number one criteria for at home shopping is understanding the sizing. I hope I did not make a mistake.

Honored Contributor

Re: No sizing information from Jayne

@MUO wrote:

I just ordered the Gili kimono in spite of the fact that the host gave no sizing information. I kept waiting for Jayne to say something about sizing, such as the size she and the models are wearing. But nothing! These hosts need to know that the number one criteria for at home shopping is understanding the sizing. I hope I did not make a mistake.

she's notorious for that

Honored Contributor

With an oversized, shapeless garment like a kimono it's very hard to give accurate sizing.  There's no point in front where the edges are supposed to meet so there's no chest measurement.  Really, all they need is misses and plus.  They are always big and loose.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@MUO wrote:

she's notorious for that

I totally agree with @jackthebear and the OP.   Jayne has always had an aversion to giving measurements and sizing.  I can remember several years ago when the sizing/measurement chart disappeared from the tv graphics when the item was on the air.  Jayne was the one who made no bones about not doing or wanting to do measurements on air.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

That annoys the heck out of me when they don't post the measurement chart on screen.  I won't buy any clothing until I see the measurements!  Even then, it's still a crapshoot!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sandra also didnt's talk about sizing on at least 1 item on the Logo show this morning.  The only person wearing the pants was a model and her size was never given.  Of course, I know all the places I can wear them and what I can wear them with yada yada yada.  

She also did a Tatcha show this week and never said what shade lipstick the model was wearing.  I thought she was always so good about these details when she did Friday night beauty.  

I like her and she does seem to be working a lot lately, but still, the job is the job. Sizing and shades is simple stuff.

Honored Contributor

If anything, tell us what sizes the models are wearing.  Give us something please!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@MUO wrote:

she's notorious for that

I totally agree with @jackthebear and the OP.   Jayne has always had an aversion to giving measurements and sizing.  I can remember several years ago when the sizing/measurement chart disappeared from the tv graphics when the item was on the air.  Jayne was the one who made no bones about not doing or wanting to do measurements on air.  

@ciao_bella 

Yep, .....I remember Jayne's "campaign against measurements".....  and she was a bit rude to a caller that mentioned to her that she liked the hosts giving measurements and how helpful the measurements was in her purchasing decision...... Jayne's reply "look it up on the website"....And I was yelling at the TV screen why do we need to have several devices to shop at QVC (TV & PC) and if we have to look things up....why does QVC even need hosts then, they can just be an online retailer without any TV....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I'm probably in the minority, I don't find sizing info all that helpful - unless it's to suggest sizing up or down. Most of the Q's fashion is purposely cut to their sizes, so you usually know your size, that's one of the best things about the Q!. You can look at the size chart easily enough if you aren't sure. The models and hosts are generally  XXS, XS or S, and we know Jaquie and Adrienne are large, Pam is 1X and Bonnie is M. A garment like a kimono is probably one size. I haven't heard Jayne mention WW since the night their opening night, perhaps she's sensitive about her figure. She's not my favorite, but in this case, I'd cut her some slack.

Honored Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

I'm probably in the minority, I don't find sizing info all that helpful - unless it's to suggest sizing up or down. Most of the Q's fashion is purposely cut to their sizes, so you usually know your size, that's one of the best things about the Q!. You can look at the size chart easily enough if you aren't sure. The models and hosts are generally  XXS, XS or S, and we know Jaquie and Adrienne are large, Pam is 1X and Bonnie is M. A garment like a kimono is probably one size. I haven't heard Jayne mention WW since the night their opening night, perhaps she's sensitive about her figure. She's not my favorite, but in this case, I'd cut her some slack.

@lizzief 

The sizing is not consistent, too many threads and reviews to support that fact. And you can't trust the info on the website either under the "click here" instructions (and sometimes the info isnt there at all).....

For example, what was supposedly a tunic showed on the size chart it was 29 inches long, but actually when it arrived, it was actually 25....Similar things on other items have happened before too....A garment in my normal QVC size has been too big, or too small....even hosts and vendors have said they'd recommend sizing up on certain garments...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”