Trusted Contributor

@BlueFinch I agree w/you - it's the weight or lack thereof of the package.  I had the exact same thing happen several years ago with the weight being zero even though it should have been several pounds & UPS figured this out somehow thus the odd error message in tracking.

Esteemed Contributor

@MCshopper wrote:
Not understanding how u can post not believing a word of this from a "newbie"
Are u for real????
Why would someone make this up?? Really???
Thought other customers should know...this is EXACTLY how it was stated on my order status. Im just disappointed I didn't receive what I ordered and surprised when I try to let other qvc customers know u think I made it up? For what reason? That sounds ridiculous!!! Hope this don't happen to u.

People have in the past have come on here to post tall tales of just how "evil" QVC is, as their very first post as a "newbie".

One learns to take such outlandish stories with a huge grain of salt.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor
I don’t recall a clothing item ever being shipped to me in a box. I am glad your money was refunded and hope you find something you like even more than the item you did not receive.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: No product shipped

[ Edited ]

@MCshopper A similar thing happened to me.  The post office (USPS) delivered an empty bag.  The product was sold out.  I believe they mailed the empty bag on purpose, to say they shipped it.  My product would have been sent by the vendor.  I am a good 30 year customer.

I have received other open bags, but the product and shipping label are usually inside.

UPS probably knew the box was empty because it was open and they saw that.

Occasional Contributor
NYCLatinaMe thanks for your post. I just posted my situation so other shoppers would be informed. I figured there were other shoppers that might of had the same situation. I was disappointed to read reply posts from others that thought "I was telling a tall tale of how evil qvc is". Never expected a weird comment like that, nor would I waste my time .
I appreciate that you read my post and yes I am a too a long time buyer on Qvc. I was just surprised to read this on my order status and wanted to share. Sorry u had a similar situation. And yes u could be right about the package being opened but I only posted what was exactly stated on my order status.
Honored Contributor

Its ludicrous to even suggest that people at a billion dollar corporation have so little to do that they'd play games by deliberately mailing empty boxes.  To serve what purpose?  So they can issue refunds? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

The Same thing happened to me....when my box got to the Post Office it was open and nothing was inside .....over the past few weeks I have received boxes partially open...but fortunately my items weren't lost in transit ,,,,, I believe the problem is do to either the packing tape..which may be ..of a cheap quality....or it is not.... being packaged and moistened properly....another possibility is because of our extreme heat...hot summer....packages are not holding up during shipping.....tape slowly becomes undone....could be one or all of these issues.....

Honored Contributor

@geezerette ...............this was my first thought too.

But maybe when they weighted the box the scale showed the weight of the box only.  Just a guess, this whole scenario is odd.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@TVLand wrote:

The Same thing happened to me....when my box got to the Post Office it was open and nothing was inside .....over the past few weeks I have received boxes partially open...but fortunately my items weren't lost in transit ,,,,, I believe the problem is do to either the packing tape..which may be ..of a cheap quality....or it is not.... being packaged and moistened properly....another possibility is because of our extreme heat...hot summer....packages are not holding up during shipping.....tape slowly becomes undone....could be one or all of these issues.....

My thought about so many of these returned packages is that they seem to only have been happening in any numbers lately.  I'm wondering about those awful new three part mailing labels.  They come off fairly easily except for the one stuck to the box, and that's the return label.

Could some of these labels be coming apart and leaving only the return label, so they get sent back mid-transit before the package gets to the recipient?