Honored Contributor

Re: No more UPS delivery????

[ Edited ]

Sunday afternoon I placed an order for my DH from Kohls.  I rec'd a notification Monday that the items shipped and I checked the status and it said they were shipping using UPS Surepost.  For the heck of it I checked the shipping status yesterday and it said the items were scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, January 20.

Today I noticed that they are on the UPS truck for delivery. There is a note on my tracking info. that said UPS was going to be in my area so they were going to make the delivery rather than transfer the package over to the post office. 

I just checked the shipping status on a Wendy Williams tank top I ordered from HSN clearance last week.  It too has a notice that it's on the UPS truck for delivery, also stating they will be in the area so they will make the delivery rather than transferring the package to the post office.

Contributor

They do the UPS to USPS delivery thing to me all the time.   The explanation I've gotten is that I live in a "rural" area.   I live in the state Capital!   It does take longer to get packages and I find it very annoying.

Contributor

You know what I don't understand is how slow QVC delivery is.  I can get packages from Amazon and Drugstore.com in about 2 days and I get free shipping.   As much business as QVC does, it seems like they could do better with shipping costs and delivery times.

Regular Contributor

I hate that they ship USPS.  My mailperson is very lazy and just shoves everything in my mailbox and has actually broken it - bent the sides out.  I don't know how they even get some boxes in there as I have a hard time getting them out which is why it ended up broken and I had to buy a new one.  All clothing is wrinkled plus since they've been shipping USPS I've had packages stolen out of my mailbox.  And it does take forever.  Have actually cut down on purchases because of this which on one hand is a very good thing.  I refuse to pay more to have it shipped UPS mostly because it costs $9.95 - $11.95 now if you return anything.  Just not worh it.

Contributor

I prefer to get my packages from USPS because UPS SMASHED my package that I sent to my son, two states away, and instead of delivering it to him, they brought it back to me, at the UPS store, and when I went to get the SMASHED up package, there were about 75 other BADLY DAMAGED boxes lined up against the wall at the UPS store.  THEN, they would NOT replace the broken items.  They said I had not packed the box good enough.  The manager of the store looked at it, and thought it was well packed, he sent in a letter requesting the damages for me, and they denied it again.  I do NOT want UPS having anything to do with my packages ever again.

Respected Contributor

It puts me aback somewhat when a $50++ item is wadded into the mailbox like a piece of trash. But no harm done (yet).  

Frequent Contributor

I noticed the "preparing to ship" is taking longer than usual. When it shows as actually "shipped" the tracking number they provide is useless. Sometimes it's UPS via USPS and your lucky the tracking works.

I am waiting forever for a lug mini crossbody bag that they say ships from Buffalo, who knows? It really has gone from bad to worse.