Honored Contributor

Re: No more UPS delivery????

Nothing has changed as far as UPS goes. I'm still getting things shipped with them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2015 stevieb said:

You can still opt for UPS and pay the difference, but it seems that even if you do, it isn't as fast as it was before they adopted this lousy new policy...And in some very limited instances, it seems 'best standard' still defaults to UPS. I think it has to do with the brand, and possibly whether the item is shipping from the Q or from the manufacturer or the vendor.

I think so too Stevie...depending on whether its shipped from QVC's warehouse or direct from the manufacturer....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

All the clothing I've ordered continues to come via UPS.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

More & more often my orders are being deliverd by US Mail service as opposed to UPS. I prefer UPS as our post office is staffed by lazy, less than competent personnel (this doesn't mean all PO's are the same, as our previous PO was terrific & seldom made errors or delivered packages days, weeks late!)  I live in a gated senior over 55 development-can't count the number of times we found mail on the ground near the central postal boxes, or the times we find packages in the central postal box station with the key in the box and our packages flapping around in the breeze!!!  Hence for my $$$ I like UPS. I would gladly pay more $$ for UPS should QVC feel they are too expensive as they get my stuff to me quicker & I have not had ANY delivery problems with them.

Honored Contributor

I get things still shipped UPS too.  I think the shipping method Q uses is determined by weight.  The lightweight items such as LOGO tops - arrive via USPS.  Since they are heavier, Quacker Factory dream jeannes arrive via UPS, as did my LOGO sweater I ordered.  Things like Lock N Lock sets still come via UPS.   Q picks the least expensive way to ship, I'm sure.  

Respected Contributor

I get deliveries both ways, and takes about the same amount of time with either carrier.  Must be where you live because I recently moved and almost all my packages were passed to USPS.   

Honored Contributor

@RJL-DLL 75 wrote:

Since the new shipping costs kicked in I no longer get my Q packages from UPS. They all come USPS which takes FOREVER. Anyone experiencing this? Is it cheaper for Q if they use the USPS instead of UPS to ship items?

Of course that is how Q does it....cheapest mail option possible.  Their regular shipping is not any faster than pony express....and that'd be with an old pony.  

Super Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@RJL-DLL 75 wrote:

Since the new shipping costs kicked in I no longer get my Q packages from UPS. They all come USPS which takes FOREVER. Anyone experiencing this? Is it cheaper for Q if they use the USPS instead of UPS to ship items?

Of course that is how Q does it....cheapest mail option possible.  Their regular shipping is not any faster than pony express....and that'd be with an old pony.  

@LOL @ the Pony Express ! I must admit that I DO like the Q's *LazerShip*, it's UberFast (and they deliver on Holidays)....The WORST shipping is FedEx (from other sites), that we pay a Premium Price, and they "deliver" our FedEx order to our Local Post Ofice, who delivers them to us - LATE, naturally, and packages go missing. Woman Mad

Super Contributor

All I KNOW, is a few months ago.....I would see the Post Man, Post Person on SUNDAYS ! I am not sure, but me thinks Amazon and the Post Office became "buds".

My mail on somedays arrives AFTER 6 PM :-(

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

Just now received two items via UPS, and one wasn't even a heavy clothing item.  So I guess I can't figure out why they send something one way over another.