Valued Contributor

Since the new shipping costs kicked in I no longer get my Q packages from UPS. They all come USPS which takes FOREVER. Anyone experiencing this? Is it cheaper for Q if they use the USPS instead of UPS to ship items?

Respected Contributor

Re: No more UPS delivery????

It must be, they have what they call best choice delivery. I think you can pay more for UPS. I still get some stuff UPS, but mostly it's USPS.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

At the checkout you can pay extra for UPS Ground. 'Best Standard' is the default USPS method, which is, like you said, very slow. Clothing items are now $3 shipping via 'best standard' or you can pay over twice that for UPS Ground on clothing items, $6.72, I think.

Super Contributor

I usually get UPS because I like to get my purchase quickly. Also, my mail delivery person just jams everything in our little box and then items of clothing get very wrinkled. I don't mind paying extra for shipping.

Honored Contributor

I get small items and lightweight clothing USPS and the rest UPS. I got a couple of UPS clothing items this week.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

No wonder my orders are taking so long. Another reason why I am ordering less and less from QVC.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's cheaper to ship USPS. You can still select UPS, but it won't be at $3.
Honored Contributor

You can still opt for UPS and pay the difference, but it seems that even if you do, it isn't as fast as it was before they adopted this lousy new policy...And in some very limited instances, it seems 'best standard' still defaults to UPS. I think it has to do with the brand, and possibly whether the item is shipping from the Q or from the manufacturer or the vendor.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I know tracking has a lot to be desired this way. Same with Amazon when they ship like this.

I ordered 2 things the same, they shipped separately. The second shipped one has a ups tracking and it seems to be moving, it's in PA. The first one shipped has no information available. Another previous order apparently has been hanging out in NJ. I have no doubt I'll get them in order, but it would be nice to be here or look out for them if I had a clue.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

On 3/16/2015 debc said:

I know tracking has a lot to be desired this way. Same with Amazon when they ship like this.

I ordered 2 things the same, they shipped separately. The second shipped one has a ups tracking and it seems to be moving, it's in PA. The first one shipped has no information available. Another previous order apparently has been hanging out in NJ. I have no doubt I'll get them in order, but it would be nice to be here or look out for them if I had a clue.

Tracking is essentially non-existent for many things that ship this way... Sometimes you see it and sometimes you don't... It's saving them money and it's costing us time. It might save us a few dollars as well assuming the products always work out and returns aren't an issue. When they are, we lose costs associated with shipping both ways, with nothing to show for it... Unless, of course, they agree the product was defective or it's clear the wrong item was sent. This is not a win-win scenario. When customers literally begged Q to do something about shipping, I don't think this is what most had in mind.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...