Honored Contributor

Re: No more Lunchtime Specials?

i could see them yesterday and can see them today.

they always appear on the homepage at 11am. they can also be accessed usually sometime after midnight et on the day they are scheduled to appear by typing in "lunchtime special" into the search bar of qvc.

i use either firefox or edge on my windows laptop.

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/lunchtime-specials.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

• Sunshine 45 I was going to post the same question. I was wondering if it’s because I don’t use the app but guess not from your comment. I use internet explorer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Susan-QVC  - wow I don't understand why I can't pull them up.  I'm using Chrome also and have always used Chrome.  Looks like others can't pull them up either. 

Maybe @dooBdoo can help.  She's the tech guru here. 

Aw, thanks for the shout-out, @San Antonio Gal! ❤️  No guru, but I try to help when I can.   In the past several days I've been watching the comments about the mixed bag of results when trying to pull up the specials.   Also, there are a number of other problems including difficulty viewing videos.   It appears to be widespread enough that it's not something we satisfactorily can fix, ourselves, with the usual "housekeeping" steps.   This is a website mess (technical term.. 😉) that the web hosting company needs to address.

We're seeing complaints with all manner of devices, browsers, and most likely a wide variety of operating system software versions, too.    I've also noticed a number of sometimes-barely-perceptible website changes from one day to the next.    It seems to me the web management company has been "tweaking" the software in a way that has been to the detriment of the users.   

It's my perception that they do not try to actually use the site to see how it's functioning.   They drop in, add their "updates," and abandon the users to muddle through the imbroglio.   Q customers are left to try and slog through all the glitches with no technical support and little improvement along the way.   This is not the fault of the moderators -- they experience these problems, too.   And they collect and report our concerns, but they are not the tech support staff and they have far too many other customer support and social media support responsibilities to handle without adding tech support to their lengthy to-do list.

Some of the problems might clear up -- temporarily -- for some of us when we do the "housekeeping" (clear cookies/cache/website data, shut the browser down and relaunch it, make sure the software is up-to-date, and have at least 2 updated browsers handy).   I also think old bookmarks/favorites may be directing us to old cached areas on certain servers, and that causes any number of problems and different experiences for different people.    But none of that will "hold."   It seems that the same problems resurface time and time again.

We shouldn't have to be so vigilant, and the website shouldn't be so poorly-designed, poorly-managed, sensitive and unstable, but it's been this way for years.  I know that's not good news, but it's what I've observed so far.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Well, the good tech fairy has flown over my computer and I have viewed the special yesterday and today. I skipped a few--who knows the bargains I missed ? Smiley Happy 

I digress --( LTS 7/21) lucky find for my lifestyle A352531 . pockets/roomy according to many reviewers/ waffle knit cotton. fingers crossed Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  - thanks for taking the time to explain.  I thought it might have been a specific issue, but I understand now that it falls under the continued issues with the site that have arisen over time.  The only thing we can do, as you said, is our housekeeping duties to try and temporarily help the situation.  Thanks again for letting me know and I'll do what you suggested when these things pop up.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Susan-QVC  - wow I don't understand why I can't pull them up.  I'm using Chrome also and have always used Chrome.  Looks like others can't pull them up either. 

Maybe @dooBdoo can help.  She's the tech guru here. 

Aw, thanks for the shout-out, @San Antonio Gal! ❤️  No guru, but I try to help when I can.   In the past several days I've been watching the comments about the mixed bag of results when trying to pull up the specials.   Also, there are a number of other problems including difficulty viewing videos.  It appears to be widespread enough that it's not something we satisfactorily can fix, ourselves, with the usual "housekeeping" steps.  This is a website mess (technical term.. 😉) that the web hosting company needs to address.

We're seeing complaints with all manner of devices, browsers, and most likely a wide variety of operating system software versions, too.    I've also noticed a number of sometimes-barely-perceptible website changes from one day to the next.    It seems to me the web management company has been "tweaking" the software in a way that has been to the detriment of the users.   

It's my perception that they do not try to actually use the site to see how it's functioning.   They drop in, add their "updates," and abandon the users to muddle through the imbroglio.   Q customers are left to try and slog through all the glitches with no technical support and little improvement along the way.   This is not the fault of the moderators -- they experience these problems, too.   And they collect and report our concerns, but they are not the tech support staff and they have far too many other customer support and social media support responsibilities to handle without adding tech support to their lengthy to-do list.

Some of the problems might clear up -- temporarily -- for some of us when we do the "housekeeping" (clear cookies/cache/website data, shut the browser down and relaunch it, make sure the software is up-to-date, and have at least 2 updated browsers handy).   I also think old bookmarks/favorites may be directing us to old cached areas on certain servers, and that causes any number of problems and different experiences for different people.    But none of that will "hold."   It seems that the same problems resurface time and time again.

We shouldn't have to be so vigilant, and the website shouldn't be so poorly-designed, poorly-managed, sensitive and unstable, but it's been this way for years.  I know that's not good news, but it's what I've observed so far.

@dooBdoo  Another shout out to you... So agree with your assessment, above... Problem after problem and apparenlty never tested by IT when never-ending changes are made. The lastest for me is an inabiltyl to watch videos, but oh well... That's on top of ongoing problems that have been around for literally months, if not years... It's a head shaker how a major retail entity can be, and has always been, content with a second tier web operation... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

So today I'm not seeing them. They should be loaded by now. Anyone else seeing them? Or not seeing them? I had been till today.

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

So today I'm not seeing them. They should be loaded by now. Anyone else seeing them? Or not seeing them? I had been till today.

@Thats Me  - I can't pull them up today.  I've been able to pull them up during the week, but now I can't today!

Frustrating. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't see them either

Respected Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

Okay raises her hand . 

There is a title' 4-11 ' but not a link.