Trusted Contributor

No more Joy Readers or Hangers?!?

I'm watching a Joy Mangano clearance show on HSN and I cannot imagine that HSN will no longer offer Joy's reading glasses or "Huggable Hangers."
Her reading glasses are truly exceptional and those hangers have outlasted all the imitation ones I bought from Real Simple and other brands.
Do you think there's a chance HSN will continue to offer either product, even though Joy's company is closed?
Honored Contributor

Re: No more Joy Readers or Hangers?!?

@MarnieRez3Was her company actually closed or was it sold to another company that could continue to offer her products?

Respected Contributor

Her company is not closed.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3   Target sells Joy's Huggable Hangers.  They have them in the store and also on their website.  They don't have the variety of colors though.  Right now they have a 40 pc. set for $27.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN bought Joy's company a while ago, at least several years ago.  The company belonged to HSN and now Qurate owns it and apparently, they are phasing it out.  Maybe they will bring back some of the products under a different brand name, maybe they won't.  Time will tell.

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

I purchased three sets of the hangers from Macy’s for $7.99 per set!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@Nicknack
Thank you!! I owe you dinner! I had no idea Target carries Huggable Hangers. Thank you for posting that!
I thought Ingenious Designs, Joy's company, was closed. You all are giving me hope that they may bring back some of her best-selling items.
FYI...Right now, on air on HSN, there is a two-pack of the purple and tortoise readers Joy included with the purchase of her book. They are an astounding $5.95 for TWO pairs. They are a cat eye style and they don't pinch my nose, even after wearing them all day at work. I stocked up! (Item # 641-083)
I read a lot of threads where Joy gets beaten up for the quality of her leather goods and her aggressive selling style, but her reading glasses really are great, and I do love those hangers.
Thanks to all for the information!
Trusted Contributor

@Nicknack and @LTT1...fantastic! Target AND Macy's carry Huggable Hangers?? I have to get out more! 😃
Thanks again for posting. 💙
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hope not so glad I don't have to hear "Oh my gosh" anymore. Go to the dollar store you can find them there.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amazon sells the same thing,maybe not her name but the same product.........do not panic!!!