Super Contributor

No more Happy Birthday from the Q

I have been a customer with QVC for 22 yrs and I would always get a birthday card from them all the hosts signed it.Not anymore, I got birthday wishes and coupons for 25.00 off 10.00 off of 10.01, even Macys sent me a 30% From Macy's Kohls also. What happened to QVC..they took away the Insider magazine.I guess maybe they have gotten too big?.I saw that some people did get gifts from the Q at Christmas time.I did not. I order ALOT..but I usually have to look for reduced items..first.I know this is petty.. with so much going on in this world..but its a shame ,seems everything has changed 

Honored Contributor

Re: No more Happy Birthday from the Q

@Chatyone 2 -

Wow, I have never received any card, coupon, gift, nada! (except what I paid for) from QVC!

You were fortunate to have gotten all those things from many stores all these years!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I haven't received anything from Q in for many, many years now.  Count yourself lucky that received them as long as you did.

Respected Contributor

@Chatyone 2 wrote:

I have been a customer with QVC for 22 yrs and I would always get a birthday card from them all the hosts signed it.Not anymore, I got birthday wishes and coupons for 25.00 off 10.00 off of 10.01, even Macys sent me a 30% From Macy's Kohls also. What happened to QVC..they took away the Insider magazine.I guess maybe they have gotten too big?.I saw that some people did get gifts from the Q at Christmas time.I did not. I order ALOT..but I usually have to look for reduced items..first.I know this is petty.. with so much going on in this world..but its a shame ,seems everything has changed 

Maybe they are making cuts to this stuff to be able to save people's jobs.  In turn perhaps you can  look at yourself and see  how you may have changed that this stuff matters to you so much and why.

Honored Contributor

You were lucky to have been given so much in the past 🎁

Super Contributor

Most of the places I do get things from..for birthdays come from me signing up with them or have a credit card with..Its not a big thing ,I was just looking at me email and saw a lot of the birthday wishes and percentages off and it made me think about how the Q did it also..I do miss their Insider magazine though

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chatyone 2:  Happy Birthday!!!  Smiley Happy But, like you said... "with so much going on in the world..."  Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

@Chatyone 2 wrote:

It's beyond petty.  People are dying everyday and you're worried about a birthday card from QVC?

Honored Contributor

I have been a QVC customer for around 30 years.  Yes, they used to send me a birthday card with a coupon for $5.  That was many years ago.  I understand they stopped that.

I never got a gift either.  I understand they send them to random customers and not for Christmas.  The gifts were promotional items...like a QVC mug.

Personally, I really don't care.  The other stores you mentioned do send coupons, but you have to buy something of a certain dollar amount to use them.  They are gimmicks to get you to spend money.  I usually toss them out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chatyone 2 

Its nice when a company remembers long time customers.....

Never got a QVC birthday card, but I do remember the Thanksgiving card with a discount coupon 10% off any item and the card had printed signatures of all the hosts....

I DID get a birthday email and discount from Pier 1.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”