Honored Contributor

Why would a topic be closed to posts? It has not been moved or blocked...just no reply option.

Honored Contributor

Re: No longer allowing replies?

It's the same as poofed, but wasn't removed.  It happens once and a while.

Honored Contributor

Probably because it has the potential of becoming argumentative or controversial.  It's the mods call and should not be questioned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It happens periodically. Frankly, I like it when a thread is becoming testy or posters are arguing. Someone made a good call, but I didn't see it!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have seen several closed lately because the OP was 2 or more years old.  For whatever reason someone dig up old posts.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

They don't allow replies even on open threads, like this one, from some posters, like me.

I've posted on this thread FOUR times (this is #5) and each one has been deleted to the extent that you don't even know I posted at all.

It looks...and feels...personal.  If it is, that's truly sad.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Community Guidelines say the following:

• We may lock a thread - If a thread has turned into a non-constructive argument between users, or derailed entirely off topic, we will lock the thread to block further commenting. We will always share a reason why the discussion was locked.

I've seen threads just locked with no explanation....I guess if the Mods are real busy it happens.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

They don't allow replies even on open threads, like this one, from some posters, like me.

I've posted on this thread FOUR times (this is #5) and each one has been deleted to the extent that you don't even know I posted at all.

@esmerelda I think someone may be reporting you. 

Trusted Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda I think someone may be reporting you. 

If so, that is really childish, petty and sad.