Trusted Contributor

Re: No Shawn, the CCB suede peacoat is NOT 'Aspen'

@Othereeeen wrote:

@KathyM23 

The Sherpa tide is about to come in....look how much  just this week.

🙉  Could it be even worse than we thought?

🌊 A Polyester Tsunami .......

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "not" Aspen.

Shearling/sherpa peacoats are most definitely worn out West, and this CCB style is similar to coats sold by Gorsuch, the number one arbiter of ski fashion for the world.

Of course, you would not wear that coat for skiing itself, but yes, for shopping, strolling, going out to dinner, etc.  It just depends on the temperature. 

A few years ago when we were in Vail it was minus ten, so I wore my heavy Dennis Basso coat and I was warm and toasty.  BTW, I do not ski, just husband, and his focus is on performance (fast skis, comfortable boots, strong helmet, etc.)--fashion is way down on the list, although he always wears his Dale of Norway sweaters when he skis, just like the Europeans.

As I replied o another post... the " style" is Aspen and a million other placrs, the quality is not. It is polyester and it looks it. 

Clearly if you are looking for clothing that gives the appearance of skiing in Aspen, you won't find them on a Home Shopping network @ellaphant . 

Respected Contributor

@ManyMeows wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

@KathyM23 

@ManyMeows   I appreciate your sense of humor.

Thanks for the smiles!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

Just Shawn doing her nonexistent selling ideas. Did you see her try and button the black one? She's thin, I don't  get why she won't  wear her correct size? ( she does it with everything, so no, it's not because of what is out there)

I saw the same thing happen when she tried to button Courtney's leather

blazer

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

🙊  The solution is simple.

Just put on the size you really wear, and then fib.  Tell the viewers you are wearing a size xxs or xxxs. 

😂  Either way, no one will believe you. . . . . .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in an area that can get to wind chill of -20 with high winds.  As cute as think this jacket is (my preference black) it would NOT keep me warm.  Wearing it to shop, go out to eat, a brisk walk, ok, but I have plenty of those because they just aren't warm enough to wear out.  So no poly-suede and please include a hood.  I buy nothing for the winter without a hood.... here, when winter comes, no one cares about "trendy"  ...Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@ManyMeows wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

@KathyM23 

@ManyMeows   I appreciate your sense of humor.

Thanks for the smiles!

I agree @Mersha !🤣🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "not" Aspen.

Shearling/sherpa peacoats are most definitely worn out West, and this CCB style is similar to coats sold by Gorsuch, the number one arbiter of ski fashion for the world.

Of course, you would not wear that coat for skiing itself, but yes, for shopping, strolling, going out to dinner, etc.  It just depends on the temperature. 

A few years ago when we were in Vail it was minus ten, so I wore my heavy Dennis Basso coat and I was warm and toasty.  BTW, I do not ski, just husband, and his focus is on performance (fast skis, comfortable boots, strong helmet, etc.)--fashion is way down on the list, although he always wears his Dale of Norway sweaters when he skis, just like the Europeans.

As I replied o another post... the " style" is Aspen and a million other placrs, the quality is not. It is polyester and it looks it. 

Clearly if you are looking for clothing that gives the appearance of skiing in Aspen, you won't find them on a Home Shopping network @ellaphant . 

@Trinity11  Clearly!

Esteemed Contributor

They will say anything to get a sale. I laugh at some of the stories they come up with.