Esteemed Contributor

Re: No Russell Stover Tins this year???

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I remember your determination last year @BalletBabe  and you never gave up.  

@San Antonio Gal   I am so glad I didn't.  The people I gave them to loved them.  I am going to be disappointed if QVC don't carry them.  

Honored Contributor

@luvjazzercise wrote:

For those of you who have purchased these in the past, is the quality of the chocolate good and improved over the years?  I remember when growing up that Russell Stover was the basic chocolates that  you could buy in any drug store and nothing special.  Just checking to see if something has changed.

I wont' turn down a box,  

it's not fancy choc but does the job

Honored Contributor

I'm not a happy camper that they aren't bringing a set of tins and candy from Russell Stover this year. I loved buying those sets. 

I went to Russell Stover's own site, and they are selling them individually for $20 each, or a set of 5 for $90!!!!!! And they are a repeat of the tins from previous years. 

That's a big no for me. 

I will say, that last year, I got some great holiday candy tins for half price or less after the holiday on their site, but that won't help anyone wanting them for this holiday season. 

I know the world is upside down right now with supply issues, but QVC, please bring back either the Russell Stover with the cute tins or the Harry London with the great tins they used to bring. 

I really, really, really, counted on those every year for great and affordable candy gifts! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm not a happy camper that they aren't bringing a set of tins and candy from Russell Stover this year. I loved buying those sets. 

I went to Russell Stover's own site, and they are selling them individually for $20 each, or a set of 5 for $90!!!!!! And they are a repeat of the tins from previous years. 

That's a big no for me. 

I will say, that last year, I got some great holiday candy tins for half price or less after the holiday on their site, but that won't help anyone wanting them for this holiday season. 

I know the world is upside down right now with supply issues, but QVC, please bring back either the Russell Stover with the cute tins or the Harry London with the great tins they used to bring. 

I really, really, really, counted on those every year for great and affordable candy gifts! 

@Mominohio   I did also.  They do have them on their site but get this???? $100.00 for the set and they are not new tins.  Repeats.   I will not pay that kind of money.  They were half priced here.  Crazy!

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@luvjazzercise wrote:

For those of you who have purchased these in the past, is the quality of the chocolate good and improved over the years?  I remember when growing up that Russell Stover was the basic chocolates that  you could buy in any drug store and nothing special.  Just checking to see if something has changed.

I wont' turn down a box,  

it's not fancy choc but does the job

@jackthebear   I ythought the candy was much better then in the stores.  Maybe fresher or something.  The store brand never thriled me. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I remember your determination last year @BalletBabe  and you never gave up.  

@San Antonio Gal Yeah me too.Don't know why someone would risk them again this year after all that. It makes no sense to me.