Valued Contributor

Re: No QVC Ruined Christmas posts, OK?

I've heard several people comment on how deliveries (not just QVC) has ruined their Christmas. To that, I realize I have a different  interpretation of what the holiday season means. Yes, I get irked when I find a perfect gift, only to realize it won't be here when I thought. But then I take a moment to think of the things that really matter. The gifts will get here when they get here, in the meantime, I hope we all enjoy a healthy holiday season, stay safe and warm with the weather and find joy in with loved ones. 

Valued Contributor

On Nov 21 I ordered fabric for a quilt from a company in Idaho.  It was shipped priority mail on Nov 25.  I got it this passed Monday.  I knew with Thanksgiving it would take a bit longer than other times of the year I have ordered from them.  It was all on the Post Office.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh they are coming... Like clock work every year. 

Esteemed Contributor

It happens every year.  Not every QVC shoppers hangs out in the forums on a regular basis.  Not every person watches QVC year round to know there was Christmas in July.

So when there is a bad experience there are postings about it on QVC's social media pages- the forums, Instagram, twitter and Facebook.

Knowing the problems with delivery services, QVC has already started with the promise to have deliveries by Christmas.  Every year QVC makes that guarantee and falls short. 

There will be complaints and then there will be the posts chastising people for not doing their shopping early and it's their own fault.

Honored Contributor

I wish QVC wouldn't "guarantee" delivery by Christmas.  They have no control over the shippers.  Or Mother Nature!  I'm always so glad that I start my buying with Christmas in July.  I don't need the anxiety of hoping a gift will be here in time.

Honored Contributor

It astounds me that there are endless threads on shipping delays as this was some kind of surprise. It is what it is.  Move on, complaining is not going to make it appear in your hot little hands. We're all in the same boat. 

Honored Contributor

Priority mail has DEFINITELY been affected by the shipping.  It's not just first class mail.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Don't the 'ruined my Christmas' threads tend to hit hardest the day after Christmas...?

I'm awaiting two items. Neither are 'critical' and I knew when I ordered both they might not be here for Christmas. Given the way things have rolled out this year, I can't get wrapped around the axle over it... What I do find moderately annoying but not annoying enough to whine about, is why an item ordered on the 12th is still 'being prepared' five days later...? Since this one's for me I'll just choose to see the humor in it...

I do appreciate those retailers, like Shop HQ, that are, at this point, being very clear about when one might and might not expect to see an item... I'm ordering something from them with the full understanding that it will not be here for Christmas. Given that it's not a gift, I'm just as glad it won't be tied up with the Christmas rush...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@depglass. Just ignore any threads you don't want to read.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass The post office can claim what it wants - but it took 2 weeks for a package to travel 30 miles to my house priority mail - despite the fact that they told the sender it would arrive the next day.  It was a medium-size box and they had put "priority" tape all around it along with stickers saying the same thing.  So, can't rely on that either.