Respected Contributor

Leah just announced on PM Style on QVC 2 that this is the last live show.  Only taped shows from the main channel will be shown.  They will continue to have a QVC2 Big Deal but that will be taped.  Looks like they won't need all these hosts.

Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Leah just announced on PM Style on QVC 2 that this is the last live show.  Only taped shows from the main channel will be shown.  They will continue to have a QVC2 Big Deal but that will be taped.  Looks like they won't need all these hosts.

This is devestating to die hard QVC viewers who would often flip over to QVC2 when QVC was featuring a product we had no interest in such as a Dyson Vacuum. What it tells me is QVC/Qurate is suffering and they have been harder by the pandemic than they have let on. Im sure the hosts are on edge.

Valued Contributor

Re: No More Live QVC2!

[ Edited ]

Way too many hosts for just one channel. Especially considering you see the same five or so over and over. Tenure does not equal favorites for me and I find them to be channel changers.

I much prefer the newer hosts that get little air time as is but I think they better start updating their resumes. 

Contributor

That's disappointing.   It was a nice option to flip between the two channels.

Esteemed Contributor

Although this news is not surprising, given the adversity they are currently facing, it is somewhat disconcerting. They did this when social distancing was initially mandated, so I am hoping this will be another temporary change.🤞😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor
Also, doesn’t Q3 already do this? I don’t have Q3 nor watch it online but this seems to render that completely pointless.
Contributor

I just read about this program change. I enjoyed going to Q2 channel when QVC main channel was showing shows that was not too interesting to me. I understand the whole cutting back for precautions. On Sundays and Saturdays there are two hosts on one show. How is that any different having a host for Q2 at same time when Qvc has a host on their channel. I think they made the mistake of cutting way back which probably lost many viewers on Q2 so now there will be host with less air time or makes me wonder if some will be let go or not coming back. 

Esteemed Contributor

This message is posted on the "Watch QVC2 TV" page online—it appears that the plan is for the pre-recorded/re-aired content to be a temporary approach:

"At QVC, our hearts go out to everyone who’s been impacted by COVID-19—from those who’ve been diagnosed with the disease and caretakers of those who’ve been diagnosed, to those whose school or work or daily activities have been affected. Whatever your situation, we hope you’re taking the proper precautions to stay safe and healthy.

At QVC, we’re also taking some precautions. In order to limit activity in our studios and support our hosts, our guests, and our production team, we are temporarily airing pre-recorded and re-aired content on QVC2. However, we are continuing to broadcast live on QVC. And you can always join the conversation on our social channels to share what’s on your mind and connect with others.

If we make any other changes that impact your experience with our brand, we’ll let you know. Thank you for your understanding—and for being a valued member of our QVC community."

Respected Contributor

Hi @loriqvc , that's an old message. The banner at the top of the page is the link to the announcement that live programming on QVC2 has ceased. 

QVC has now HALVED their live programming since March 2020, when they had 40 hours of live programming Monday through Friday and 36 hours Saturday and Sunday. (QVC-24 hours daily, QVC2-12 hours daily, BeautyiQ-4 hours Monday through Friday). At 20 hours of live programming a day, QVC is down four hours of live programming from their years of 24/7 live programming from 1987-2016.

Super Contributor

I figure this was in the works before the pandemic started, this just gave them a faster way out.  There is no need for Q2 or Q3 now.  I hope jobs are not lost over this but time will tell.