Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

QVC is in a tough position. Young people do not watch it. That has to be killing a lot of their business. That's just part of it, I'm sure.

We'll have to see which hosts are missing starting today.

Respected Contributor
I do hope more personnel cuts are not forthcoming. The article link posted here on another forum mentioned if personnel choose to work at home due to COVID they have to agree to something like 50% (?) less pay.
Honored Contributor

I prefer Q's live programming, but there's so little of it any more.  To me, if it's prerecorded, it's just another infomercial.  But I have to admit, I watch very little QVC these days.  Just about the only time is when I can't sleep and turn to a Q channel on low volume to lull me to sleep.  It usually works, unless Rick is channelling Billy Mays again.

Honored Contributor

Re: No More Live QVC2!

[ Edited ]

Given the narrow range of products they have chosen to program for quite some time, they never needed all those channels nor all of the hosts. This is akin to department stores who over-saturated their markets and found they couldn't sustain the growth. The current international situation might have escalated matters, but then dismal failures in shipping and customer service, both of which predated current events, have done them no favors either, nor has incessant repetition of the same brands and products they've routinely been bombarding their customers with for years. Quite simply put, to a large segment of their former audience, QVC became boring. Add in high prices, customer unfriendly shipping policies along with the lack of meaningful customer incentives and what did they think was going to happen?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
It's going to be very interesting to see what hosts are let go after the Q2 folding. I think we could see a couple vets leave. They have expensive salaries. I just hope my darling julia Cearley isnt touched. She was amazing the other night with dennis basso.
Valued Contributor

It will be sad for many, not just hosts, who might lose their jobs.

To be honest, QVC has not kept up with the times which is why sales are bad. Most people are not shopping in stores but ordering online, so why wouldn't QVC be doing well? Because it takes a month to get an order, CS seems to have been MIA, they NEVER have any incentive to buy like coupons or free shipping. I"m curious to know how they are doing compared to HSN which often has coupons and just this week had a free shipping on everything.  

Honored Contributor

I never understood the idea behind the whole 'QVC2/3/4,etc.' to begin with.  They should have concentrated on perfecting the one main channel, along with their internet presence.

Now that QVC and HSN are all under one umbrella, I don't see why Qurate needs multiples of either.

Contributor

Stacey Stauffer has posted she no longer works at QVC.  Sad to see so many have apparently lost their jobs after Q2 is being eliminated.

Trusted Contributor

Stacey is only the first to be announced to be gone. I bet Antonella is next as she has been shoved to Q2 and sadly her performance isnt whst it used to be. It sucks what covid has done to this industry
Contributor

Gabrielle Kerr just posted a farewell to QVC.