Trusted Contributor

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this.  I actually really enjoyed QVC2.  I love watching QVC's gardening, beauty (some), and holiday programming and when it's not on the main channel, I would often find it on QVC2.  However, I have noticed that the live programming on that channel was becoming less and less.  I'm not really sure that it's because of the pandemic though.  It might just be that having that channel was not as profitable as they had hoped it would be.  The pandemic just sealed the deal for them.

Valued Contributor
I heard Leah announce this is last live show on Q2 when I was trying to go to sleep. Business everywhere is tough and this makes me sad too. I have always enjoyed the “live hanging out with presence” aspect to live programming. I window shop a lot but I’m cutting way back on actual purchases.
Honored Contributor

Here's QVC's Message:

Changes to Our QVC2® Broadcast Channel

At QVC®, our experiences are always evolving. Starting Wednesday, July 15, at Midnight ET, QVC2 will move away from its current mix of live and recorded programming to focus on encore presentations of your favorite shows, special events, and weekly must-sees.

Rest assured—if you’re a QVC fan, there will still be more to explore on QVC2. Tune in for your favorite brands and your favorite hosts, and to catch rebroadcasts of the QVC shows you might have missed. Plus, we’ll continue to bring you the QVC2 Big Deal®, with recorded presentations airing throughout the day, every day. To see our Programming Calendar, click here.

We understand that you’ll miss some of our unique QVC2 programming—but we hope you’ll discover new shows to love on our other platforms. You’ll find original series on our Facebook page and our YouTube channel. Visit QVC.com to watch the ever-changing programming on our digital-only channel—from Beauty iQ to The Holiday Cheer Channel. And remember, you can always watch us on demand on Roku®, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV®.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Leah just announced on PM Style on QVC 2 that this is the last live show.  Only taped shows from the main channel will be shown.  They will continue to have a QVC2 Big Deal but that will be taped.  Looks like they won't need all these hosts.

This is devestating to die hard QVC viewers who would often flip over to QVC2 when QVC was featuring a product we had no interest in such as a Dyson Vacuum. What it tells me is QVC/Qurate is suffering and they have been harder by the pandemic than they have let on. Im sure the hosts are on edge.

I agree with  you that QVC/Quarate may be suffering...but i think it truly isn't due to the pandemic...

i am sure it is more due to the company not doing well.....which was hinted at even before the pandemic

Esteemed Contributor

@LovemesomeQ1979 wrote:

I figure this was in the works before the pandemic started, this just gave them a faster way out.  There is no need for Q2 or Q3 now.  I hope jobs are not lost over this but time will tell.

I agree with you 100%

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We never got Q2 here on Comcast, but we get HSN 2, always been old shows. 

Honored Contributor

Re: No More Live QVC2!

[ Edited ]

The Q2 Program Guide still has hosts and new shows scheduled for the remainder of this week.  Shows like, H by Halston, which is not a repeat from the original channel.  So this Q2 channel change appears to have happened rather abruptly.  Or, one hand didn't discuss what the other hand had in the works. 

Hosts like Stacey Stauffer, Elise Ivy, and the newer hosts worked on Q2 almost exclusively; Stacey had six shows scheduled.  I wonder if Q1 will go back to 24/hr Live to keep those hosts working.

Valued Contributor

I agree with another poster, that I liked the ability to change to Q2 when I didn't like the items presented on Q1. 

Respected Contributor

QVC 2  will be greatly missed.  QVC2 was often programmed with more interesting items and with hosts who didnt have huge egos and are not self absorbed. I am deeply saddened.  All we can do is send letters in to Mike George.

Trusted Contributor

No more ITKWM.  I'll miss Mary's show.

DUMB DUMB DUMB move in my opinion.