Respected Contributor

No More Credit Card Orders For Me!

Because months ago I ordered 2 strands of Howlite beads from Amazon.  One came & one didn't "sent" from China.  I had to fight with Amazon to get my money back and finally resulted in getting help from my card.

Something similar happened here so I will keep what I ordered but NEVER order on line again as this has been a major hassle and I'm too old to deal with this aggervation.  The only way I would order again is if I first received the item and then I okayed my card to be charged which would be on file and available.

I sincerely hope I'm in the minority but I'll bet more have had this problem.  I would love to hear from others with suggestions about this, thanks.

Cathy

ps Can't wait for the b&m stores to open as I have a shopping list and a little to spend Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: No More Credit Card Orders For Me!

Jackhound, this is our brave, new world and yes, it's frustrating. Had some recent problems myself, both incidents debit cards. A part of our buying life will be staying on top of our purchases and checking often. Changing passwords often and reviewing statements. That's what my banker told me. I do have a SPEND card, debit card from bank not connected to my checking account. It's one I keep filling and I transfer money to that card to use at gas station and when making online purchases. I don't keep a lot of money on that refillable debit card. Good luck. Again, I validate your frustration.       

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@jeanlakeThank you for a truely thoughtful answer!  It is appreciated.

Honored Contributor

I dont think there is COD anymore, dont know for sure.

Sorry you had trouble with Amazon.  I have never had a issue with them, nor QVC. (knock on wood)

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I do a decent amoint of on-line ordering.  I ALWAYS use my credit card.  If an item doesn't come by the time I have to pay my statement, I file a "protest" with the issuer and don't pay that amount.  I MAY talk to the vendor one time to find out what's going on, but that's it.  I NEVER fight with a vendor. 

Trusted Contributor

I, fortunately, have never had problems with on line ordering, and I've done a good bit of it.  

I'd suggest, always deal with reputable companies (sounds like you've done that), and if you have questions about a. Company, you can always do a google search for reviews.  

Good luck to you. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom 

I have had problems with Amazon.....

Had a problem with a vendor, on a "bait and switch", he advertised a named brand item in both photo and description and sent me a cheap knockoff....my negative review was deleted, and had to fight for my refund---Amazon didnt care when I contacted them and he's STILL selling there today.....

my CC got hacked, the only place I had purchased something was Amazon and it was purchased on my new credit card (my old card had expired and was issued a new card with a new expiration date)....  I learned NEVER store your credit card on Amazon....And learned that there was a way hackers were getting into the U.S. Amazon site using the UK Sign In Page that had a security gap....

Enough for me---I took my business elsewhere---

The only problem Ive ever had with QVC was a long time ago, I had ordered a small rug I never received it,  come to find out it was damaged in shipment and QVC never bothered to contact me about it.... I found it out through my own investigation....But thats the only real issue Ive had in over 15 years with QVC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

I, fortunately, have never had problems with on line ordering, and I've done a good bit of it.  

I'd suggest, always deal with reputable companies (sounds like you've done that), and if you have questions about a. Company, you can always do a google search for reviews.  

Good luck to you. 

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I dont think there is COD anymore, dont know for sure.

Sorry you had trouble with Amazon.  I have never had a issue with them, nor QVC. (knock on wood)

Thank you, yes I never hear of COD anymore either.