Honored Contributor

No LIVE Programming on QVC2 Today? 12/18/21

[ Edited ]

I switched over to see In The Kitchen With Mary at 11am, when LIVE programming usually begins on QVC2.  But I see they are showing a repeat of Leah's AM Style, and continuing with repeat shows after that.  

Mary posted her schedule and included her ITKWM show today in its normal time, 11am to 3pm.  But I see the Program Guide has indeed changed and taken it off.

Honored Contributor

Re: No LIVE Programming on QVC2 Today? 12/18/21

@Caaareful Shopper    Do you suppose this means they've thrown in the towel and have given up? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Might have something to do with their massive warehouse fire in Rocky Mount, NC.
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper    Do you suppose this means they've thrown in the towel and have given up? 

Maybe a lot of the items scheduled for that show would have shipped from NC so they didn't want to present them and didn't have enough time to plan for alternate items. Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

Oh my!  That must be it -- that massive distribution fire in NC.  Heavens, I pray for everyone involved.  

The building itself, plus the surrounding communities and roads are all impacted -- absolutely devastating.  

I guess QVC2 has it's behind the scenes fullfillment and perhaps some vendors in that area.  

New Contributor

They told us that we would have all new programming for 13 hours till NY.   What is going on?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are probably going to be a lot of programming changes on QVC2 (and less live hours) since many of the things they were planning on selling will no longer be available. Things they do have in stock will be sold live on main channel first.

Seems like this distribution center dealt with handbags, beauty, kitchen/home goods, and electronics.

Adding this with the already existing "supply chain" issues, I'll be surprised if QVC2 can broadcast 13 live hours on everyday now, at least for a while.

I feel horrible for those whose jobs have been affected, as well as, shoppers what have been promised before Chistmas delivery. And those who have returns headed that way will have a mess to deal with.

Respected Contributor

I cannot imagine how the producers are scrambling today to fill the spots that were to be featured by items in the NC fire. I would expect substitutions to be presented using the website info and photos. They may just have to repeat items in the same show. The later programming will be in better shape than what was aired earlier. It has to be a stressful day for all associated with QVC.

They may have sacrificed live programming on QVC2 to free up more help with QVC. It's better to do one thing well than two things poorly.

Honored Contributor

I just had a Denim & Co top ship from that warehouse 2 days ago.  It's now in Illinois.  I'll forever think of it as being "the survivor". 

Honored Contributor

Ive often had jewelry orders ship from Rocky Mount.  I wonder how many of the Jewelry Day purchases were incinerated?  There goes the guaranteed delivery. 

Seriously, with all they've been through this year, you really have to feel for the Q employees and the burden this will put on them.  I bet they could just cry. 

Now let the complaints about the non-receipt of orders commence.  I hope they send emails to all affected customers.