Regular Contributor

Re: No I'm not going to watch re-runs of shows

I don't sleep well at night so I usually have the TV on QVC.  I don't mind watching a rerun of a show like they do on QVC2 but who would watch the same program running over and over for 5 hours?  That is crazy!  I know HSN does the same thing.  I understand saving money by not being live but not showing the exact same thing over and over for 5 hours.   I guess I will save money because I used to do the majority of my buying in those overnight hours. 

It is what it is!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

I fail to understand the big fuss.  You watch movies which are on tape - why should a host - vendor stand at 3 AM to show you a blouse LIVE?

What difference does it make?

When you watch a movie on tape, it's usually because you've chosen to watch that movie at that time. That choice is the difference, not the tape.

I get the feeling QVC is on all the time for some people. The hosts and vendors are their companions all day or when they're feeling alone at 3:00am. They can turn QVC on at any time and see someone live. And as much as constant viewers complain that every show is the same, it's not exactly the same. 

But now it will be. The same hour or 2 repeated for hours at a time. If you're that person who feels alone at 3:00am, there's nothing new, there's no more live connection, there's video on loop and that loop gets old quick. I think for some it's more than a loss of new content, it's a loss of connection.

Super Contributor

"I wish QVC would have secondary and teritiary channels to rerun shows, then remove five hours of live broadcasting a variety of products on the main channel to replace it with an additional five solid hours of TSV programming on endless loop." - No One Ever

Super Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I fail to understand the big fuss.  You watch movies which are on tape - why should a host - vendor stand at 3 AM to show you a blouse LIVE?

What difference does it make?

It isn't 3:00 a.m. for everyone. We have SIX time zones in the U.S. and some people work opposite shifts. And some people just have insomnia.

Trusted Contributor

I would think that they could get enough data from QVC3, which is all reruns (and I never watch) to see if people buy that way. And, if they only sold 30,000 of the Keurigs all day, even after those endless reruns, then it doesn't seem like it is a good strategy.

Why not eliminate one or both of the other channels and stay live for 24 hours on the main channel? I guess people are more concerned that the C stands for Companionship these days.

I agree.i dont want to watch hours of repeated taped programming. It's bad enough on HSN and QVC2. Go back to.regular programming.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

For all of you who are awake 2 a.m.-7 a.m. and watching the Q, I pray that QVC doesn't repeat yesterday's TSV:

The Comfy Original Oversized Blanket Sweatshirt