Respected Contributor

Re: No I'm not going to watch re-runs of shows

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I couldn't care less what QVC does between 2am and 7am ... I'm asleep.

That is the time I watch.  So some of us do care.  There are many reasons why people watch when they do.  Otherwise, all television stations would shut down after "business" hours.

They just keep showing the SAME stuff over and over.  How about at least replaying DIFFERENT hours of programming?

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@fthunt   from what i have seen it is a continuous showing of the midnight tsv show from 2am until 7am. I have no objection to watching other prerecorded shows or previously aired shows, but why the tsv programming for 5 continuous hours

Due to many years of shift work, rotating shifts, and medications that I take for a host of medical problems, I usually wake up after about 2 hours of sleep and then it is several hours before i can go back to sleep. I use to have qvc on low for background white noise, not any longer.Befor our country became such a turmoil of conflict, i use to have a news station on , not anymore. 

And HSN is making the same mistake too.

SAME thing over and over.  Change it up at least.

Not everyone watches during the day - I won't watch at all.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

THis new policy of rebroadcasting the TSV from 2am to 7am is ridiculous. The TSV is overexposed now. It's turning people off. I have been a customer for 30 years and am saddened by this change. I love QVC being live 24/7. Please change back to our familar station. With Q2 and Q3 you already have enough repeats.

New Contributor

What is up with playing the TSV all morning now like all the other on-line channels??? You Were different! Now you are NOT!!! I work overnite & USE to love watching you!!!  :-( :-( :-( 

Spoiler

Valued Contributor

@Irule wrote:

What is up with playing the TSV all morning now like all the other on-line channels??? You Were different! Now you are NOT!!! I work overnite & USE to love watching you!!!  :-( :-( :-( 

Spoiler

I also work overnight and I am so upset by this change!!

~ Hope in TN ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There are pre-recorded infomercials on lots of channels.  I have never watched any of them and sure wouldn't watch them on Q.  They are trying to save money by not staffing.  To me, it's like using a self-checkout which also reduces the number of employees needed.  No thanks.

New Contributor

I’m not too concerned about the reruns because I’m sleeping and if I want to watch a show that aired during the night, I’ll tape it and watch it later. What I don’t like, is I’m taping shows based on the TV Guide only to sit down and see a “Previously Recorded” show that is not the show I expected. QVC should update their program guide so it reflects correctly with the TV Guide. 

Contributor

I’m not too bothered by it.  I watch mostly very early morning while I’m getting ready for the day (nuface, shower, hair) and while I’m prepping food for the day.  I watch whatever appeals to me the most on one of the 4 channels. BUT what I’d like to know is what did they do with all the new hosts that were just hired?  I haven’t seen a one of them since they started the repeats.  Maybe they are on at times that I don’t watch now.

Respected Contributor

Maybe this was already said.....Perhaps their highest sales are in the programs they are rerunning ....figuring they will hit the west coast and do well there, too?  I'm guessing since the shows would NOT be a repeat for a West coaster, they might generate more sales than East coasters who just have it on for nighttime company?

im sure there are numbers driving all their decisions.

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@MaryLamb If they show something I am intersted in buying I will call and make the order but 5 hrs of the SAME program repeated over and over will most likely NOT produce that result.

@GinaV24  I have no doubt that you and others like you made purchases in the overnight hours. The problem is that there weren’t enough people like you, so it was not enough income for them to justify the production costs of being live during those hours.

Not being live is one thing but showing the same exact show for 5 hours straight is insane. They could show other previous recorded shows and get the same cost-cutting effect (no production costs)