Respected Contributor

Re: No I'm not going to watch re-runs of shows

@fthunt 

The problem with watching previously recorded programs is that the items being shown may have sold out either completely or in your choice of color or size. 

During those shows, QVC puts a statement up on the screen regarding that possibility. 

Frequent Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I fail to understand the big fuss.  You watch movies which are on tape - why should a host - vendor stand at 3 AM to show you a blouse LIVE?

What difference does it make?

They are looping the same TSV hour at 9p (PST) and repeating the loop from 11p (PST) through 3am.  

On the west coast, the 9p to 1am hours is always my me time to relax and catch up on the day.  This sucks!!

QVC made a big mistake even to trial this for a month!!!

Frequent Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I couldn't care less what QVC does between 2am and 7am ... I'm asleep.

I wish I was. 

Me too.

Me three...consider west coast, the loop starts at 9p, resumes at 11p - not sleeping!

Frequent Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@fthunt  Why show it LIVE at 9am?  Or at 2pm?  Or at all, for that matter?  What difference DOES it make?

If it was re-runs it would be different.  It is the same loop of the TSV for 5 hours!

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt   from what i have seen it is a continuous showing of the midnight tsv show from 2am until 7am. I have no objection to watching other prerecorded shows or previously aired shows, but why the tsv programming for 5 continuous hours

Due to many years of shift work, rotating shifts, and medications that I take for a host of medical problems, I usually wake up after about 2 hours of sleep and then it is several hours before i can go back to sleep. I use to have qvc on low for background white noise, not any longer.Befor our country became such a turmoil of conflict, i use to have a news station on , not anymore. 

Super Contributor

I guess they have to use recordings, trying to present the same coffee maker, mattress, or computer would put some hosts to sleep,

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA lucky you. Not all of us sleep thru the night.

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb If they show something I am intersted in buying I will call and make the order but 5 hrs of the SAME program repeated over and over will most likely NOT produce that result.

Valued Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@MaryLamb If they show something I am intersted in buying I will call and make the order but 5 hrs of the SAME program repeated over and over will most likely NOT produce that result.

@GinaV24  I have no doubt that you and others like you made purchases in the overnight hours. The problem is that there weren’t enough people like you, so it was not enough income for them to justify the production costs of being live during those hours.

Super Contributor

@Jen717 wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

I fail to understand the big fuss.  You watch movies which are on tape - why should a host - vendor stand at 3 AM to show you a blouse LIVE?

What difference does it make?

They are looping the same TSV hour at 9p (PST) and repeating the loop from 11p (PST) through 3am.  

On the west coast, the 9p to 1am hours is always my me time to relax and catch up on the day.  This sucks!!

QVC made a big mistake even to trial this for a month!!!

But thankfully you KNOW they have plenty of Keurigs!!  Enough to probably stock 3 more TSVs this year alone!  LOL