Esteemed Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

You can understand why this is happening when you see hosts like Carolyn totally butchering a product like Harry Slatkins diffusers. You could see Harry getting real frustrated. No need to bring in vendors when you have hosts like Rick, David and Jayne.

@StopTalking   I can add Pat, Leah, Dan and Mary Beth to that list Smiley Happy  Did I miss any of the ones who are true professionals?

Valued Contributor

@cazenovia  I agree with you. I mainly watch Q2 because it tends to show more fashion which is about all I’m interested in at this point. Some vendors can carry it off better than others but to me it is often flat without any give and take, especially being on zoom.I sure hope the vendors have gotten a pay raise because describing their own product is not the same as listening to the producers in the ear piece, rattling off sizes and numbers remaining and trying to keep a pleasant air going when they are all alone in a room in their house.

And yes, I know we don’t have to watch it but I really don’t understand why posters go straight to that response. This is a forum for opinions, nothing bad or inappropriate is being said. It’s a chance for viewers to give feedback. Sometimes I’m amazed.

Respected Contributor

A host makes NO difference to me at all. I also don;t need 5 minutes on an item. I know what I like quickly in a store, on line or watching QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 they are doing some vendor only shows on QVC2 

Respected Contributor

A reliable source of mine said yesterday that HSN is opting to continue to have vendors host and present from home, not the studio.

Honored Contributor

Some vendors have become great at it.  Some, not so much.

I watched the Peace Love World vendor yesterday and she was terrible.  She needs more practice -- gave incorrect pricing, was very unsure what to say, had a very stuttered flow to the whole show.  I'm sure she'll do better with practice, or hiring a brand ambassador to work with her/instead of her.  

Also, the Garden Decor show I watched recently was also a train wreck.  It contained two vendors who piggy-backed their respective company designs.  They had so much fun, they were like they were in one garden talking only to each other.  The problem is they talked over each other all the time, so it was extremely difficult to follow them or get any good information about their items. But they had a good old time!  Just not the shopper.  

New Contributor

On QVC they have some shows without hosts, just the vendors

New Contributor

If you get QVC 2 they have shows with no hosts, not on the regular channel