Esteemed Contributor

No host shows are more informative,  smoother and more pleasant to watch.

No host programming works and gets the job done. 

Regular Contributor

You can understand why this is happening when you see hosts like Carolyn totally butchering a product like Harry Slatkins diffusers. You could see Harry getting real frustrated. No need to bring in vendors when you have hosts like Rick, David and Jayne.

Esteemed Contributor

So far, I haven't seen any of these "no host" shows since I rarely watch QVC2.  But I think I'd prefer it over the host+vendor shows that get too confusing and don't tell me what I need to know.  Host+vendor talk over each other, interrupt each other, and never give me the information I want.  

Really, who cares if there are only 5,000 left???   Not me.  I also don't care about the cutesy color names -- just call them "blue" or "red."   What I want to know is fabric content and washing instructions on clothing.  

I would rather have just the vendor doing the presentations.  The vendors know the product (or they should!) and can tell me everything I want to know.  Most of the QVC hosts are totally unprepared and would rather talk about off-topic silly stuff rather than the product being presented.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I don't enjoy the no host shows either.  I just change the channel.  Yes problem solved.  If enough people do that and don't buy when those shows are on, hopefully QVC will get the message.  I could be wrong. 

Contributor

Agreed. Some of the hosts (like the Clarks lady) are strong enough to hold their own without a host. But most of the others sound like middle schoolers giving a book report. Honestly....when those vendors are sent-out solo like that, I feel sorry for them and it's just too painful to watch. So I change channels.

Esteemed Contributor

I find it depends what show it is.  Some vendors have a much better set up than others.

If they could only do something to improve the lighting and sound, these vendor only shows would be more watchable.  I do catch some on Wed afternoons on Q2.  I like Kim Gravel and Amy and Angel Smedley with the QF designer John.

Honored Contributor

My favorite solo vendor shows so far:

LOGO/Lori & George -- they have a fantastic rapport, and since George has been a TV stylist for years, they have the best ease & flow for an entire show. 

Joan Rivers/David & Bitsy -- They keep getting better & better.  Great chemistry, funny, and really give all the information needed.

Barbara King's Garden shows.  Easy, laid back, yet so informative/  Plus, she has lovely garden decor.

Frequent Contributor

Has Sarah Cotellesse hosted one of these QVC2 shows yet?

She's always nice, personable and knowledgeable 

New Contributor

I have to agree. I don't watch QVC2 because of it - the brand ambassadors etc. seem to do their best, but they aren't hosts. The jobs aren't the same - different skill sets needed.  It kind of comes off to me that there's a level of desperation (too strong of a word) when items presented this way - like, we're so desperate to sell the items. 

New Contributor

I prefer hosts, but I totally get what you're saying.