Super Contributor

Re: No Credibility with so-called "Celebrities"

@TenderMercies

Let's not forget LOGO,LOGO and more LOGO. 

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

I see nothing wrong with QVC having celebrities and their products.  Martha Stewart has accomplished a lot and she offers sound advice on food, growing plants, decorating.  I watch her to learn and I don't mind if she does not come across as warm and fuzzy.  If her items sell she will be back on QVC.  I bought the faux Boris planters.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

Barb114, I noticed that too about how the hosts treat Martha, it sort of makes me ill! She puts her pants on the same way they do, I think? lol. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I noticed that too! SMH

I agree ,  it is like she is Royalty or something!  It is ridiculous,  I will admit MS surely knows and is good at many things ,  i give her credit ,  but she is very condescending and comes off as ......I'm a little bit better then you ,  she is kind if snobbish with being informative if that makes sense 😸😼

@Kitty Galore , @Barb114 I agree completely.  Yesterday, Pat kept saying she was nervous for her first appearance with Martha.  Then when they did present together it was painful to watch, at least to me.  There were numerous occasions when Pat cleared her throat to make a statement, started talking, and at that exact moment, Martha chose to start her pole chain saw that makes all that noise.  You couldn't even hear Pat speak.  That happened more than once, so I do not believe it was a coincidence.  Martha does what Martha wants.  She has always been like that in any show I've seen over the many years.

It doesn't keep me from purchasing from her line.  Her products are top quality, at least her fashions of which I've purchased multiples so far and I am very happy with them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde LOL my favorite view of that was one of her holiday specials and they had her on with the Muppets who were NOT being in the least bit respectful!  She had this expression her face like she wanted to whack one of the puppets with her spoon.  I laughed so hard and really wondered that she actually allowed it to be broadcast.

I liked that planter she had but I don't "need" it for the price so I didn't buy.  Plus QVC is doing this whole pricing game these days with "one day only" and I'm not going to be pushed into buying something that quickly just for a couple of $ off the price.

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't bother me they bring celebrities on the Q. If they have something to offer I'll look at it, just as much as I would look if it were somebody I never heard of. 

We would all die of boredom if the Q just kept showing the l2 or so merchandise that is beneficial to them. In fact, I'm happy to see anything new to arrive.

You have just as much right to buy or not buy no matter who it is. For instance, if you don't like Lisa Rinna, maybe you will like Kim Gravel. Something for everybody. For me, the more the better. Like most, same old/same old makes customers discontinue watching. 

Valued Contributor

wrote:

Every other day on Q and other shopping channels the  "Celebrities" are touting fashion, makeup,etc. etc. Now Kim G has lipstick, what's next. Look at Martha S taking over the Q like she is the Diva. The way the hosts practically bow down to her is pathetic. How many more. Let's have Real designers, not want to be's. They are few and far between, Bob Mackie, Isaac Louis that's it

I so totally agree. Could not have said it better.

bamasec

Honored Contributor

I do not purchase based on a celebrity's endorsement or claim they "invented" the item.  I also agree that so many are just into every field--cosmetics, cookware, linens, etc.   I concur with the statement that the only real designers on the Q are Bob Mackie, Isaac and Louis with his Linea line.  (I miss Victor Costa the other designer that was involved with the Fashion Institute.  Sorry I can't recall his name.  )

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Honestly, I find the shopping channel obsession with middle aged and older celebrities is insulting.  Like I'm so naive or dumb that I'll buy something just because it has famous person hawking it.  Really?  Is that how they think of us?  But having said that, I understand the majority of the celebrities are just hired to front the products. Very few of them have any any eperience or knowledge.  No more than those of us who buy their stuff.    Real designers are designing the clothes, the clothes aren't designing themselves.    If I see something I like on Qvc.com (I rarely watch Qvc on tv anymore), I'm not going to take a pass on it just because some celebrity or former celebrity is attached to it in some way.  I'm an adult, I understand how the game is played.  

@chrystaltree  ITA. Just noticed Christie Brinkley’s skincare line has several shows this month on HSN. Do you believe her skincare keeps her looking that good in her 60’s w/o having work done? Pa-leeeeeze!

Respected Contributor

Have to wonder how involved these celebrities are with their products design/development. Dennis Basso went on and on about how he was going to use his mercury star lights (Christmas) when he was selling them. Specifically said he was going to put them on his mantel with his nativity. When I saw a photo he posted on social media of his mantel, no lights! Never saw any photos posted of any of his Holiday theme products in his home. While I would not expect any celebrity to own and display every product they sell, I would expect to see a few. I purchased two strands of this product which were rather expensive but have to say beautiful but very fragile. Like a few others have said if I really want an item I will buy it but am more careful about all my purchases because of shipping costs especially if an item has to be returned.