Honored Contributor

Re: No Credibility with so-called "Celebrities"

I look at items presented as whether  I like them or not and want to buy.  It does not matter who the vendor or host are!  I don't care if they are in it just for the money.  Not any of my concern.  Either I like and buy or don't like and don't buy!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

The designers have to want to come to the Q. 

BINGO!

Trusted Contributor

Barb114, I noticed that too about how the hosts treat Martha, it sort of makes me ill! She puts her pants on the same way they do, I think? lol. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I noticed that too! SMH

Trusted Contributor

BRAVO! Great post, thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

At grocery stores, it's not about celebrities, but to have plenty of options for buying so their business stays afloat.  Look at how large some of these stores are we shop at.  They give their customers plenty of choice.  That's how they have to do it.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Barb114, I noticed that too about how the hosts treat Martha, it sort of makes me ill! She puts her pants on the same way they do, I think? lol. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I noticed that too! SMH

I agree ,  it is like she is Royalty or something!  It is ridiculous,  I will admit MS surely knows and is good at many things ,  i give her credit ,  but she is very condescending and comes off as ......I'm a little bit better then you ,  she is kind if snobbish with being informative if that makes sense 😸😼

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of people who are fans of these people.  Look at all the tabloid / gossip magazines on the rack at the supermarket.   

As someone else wrote here .... QVC will keep selling the stuff as long as the "fans" keep buying it.

I have a natural aversion to celebrity merchandise.

Trusted Contributor

I imagine that part of having celebrities on QVC has to do with the fact that QVC is not your typical retail shopping experience.  It's also a tv channel that is intended to entertain.  Also, people who believe that designers like Isaac Mizrahi are sitting at a table sketching and designing their pedal pushers are greatly misinformed.  Big named designers have large teams of other designers they employ to design and produce their products based on their own aesthetic.  Isaac has about as much involvement with the design of the products he presents as does Martha Stewart or Lisa Rinna do for their clothing lines.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

It's all about making money and you can make a lot of it by being broadcasted into millions of homes by a shopping network.  Some brands last longer than others.  People buy what they like. As to so-called celebrities, Kim Gravel was or is a pageant coach.  She had a short run reality show.  I would thought she would have lead with makeup.  Lisa Rinna's boutique tanked over six years ago.  Here she is reborn on the Q, As to Martha, well she and her brand have been for decades and is just putting her feet in the home shopping waters.

@qbetzforreal  I’m expecting Oprah any day now on ITKWD with her cauliflower mashed potatoes. Lol 😝 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Njo Credibility with so-called "Celebrities"

When I see a celebrity on the Q or any home-shopping channel I get a little leery. Most of them do not design their product, probably don’t even know how to turn the kitchen appliance on they are trying to sell us or would never wear the garment they supposedly designed. Yet they tell us how wonderful it is and we should order two.  Martha Stewart sold her things in Kmart, Macy’s and any other place else she can find. Remember the Duchess selling the blender on the Q? Now that is one person I am sure she would never use let alone turn it on. If she knew where the button was. To me that was the biggest joke of all. I wonder if the Queen speed dialed to get one?  LOL