Honored Contributor

Re: No Cancer Talk to sell products

@Spurt wrote:

@hippiechick7897 wrote:

I caught a rerun this morning on Q2 this morning and if it’s the same thing the OP is talking about it was a pair of family pajamas from Life is Good. 

@hippiechick7897 

Sounds like the same host who told the story about someone everyone knew at QVC that had stage 4 ovarian cancer---not a well liked sales spiel ..and looks like she was at it again to sell pajamas!!!!  How does this host stay employed by QVC.....

@Spurt, I wonder if that person passed.  Just last week, Shawn mentioned on air a friend who just passed from cancer, who was a mother of a 1 year old and had just recently been diagnosed.  

When I heard Shawn initially tell the story while selling that Bible, she never mentioned what kind of cancer.  

Valued Contributor

I heard it while she was selling the bible as well. And then I heard her say someone had passed.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know the host in question.  This host would say or do anything, no matter how objectionable, to sell stuff.  A few years ago during a Breezies presentation she announced her cup size.  Way too much info! 

Regular Contributor

I just want to make this clear . Denise whom represents a great product of electric scooters , does not bring up the “ cancer word” . I am just saying. A great product will sell itself. You do need to add “ vulnerability “ to sell a product .

Thank you for all that understand .
Super Contributor

I mentioned it on another thread, but Dennis from Tweak'd has come back from selling Ojon on the Q years ago with the story about his mother's cancer.  I don't doubt she had cancer, but I do doubt his new story about how it all came about.  He had a story about the Ojon ingredients as well.  Just like Jose Maran has a story about how she brought about argan oil.  Like I said before, I remain skeptical....

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl I think your idea is great.  I had cancer in 2012 as well. Treatments were from Aug 2012 thru June 2013.  I have a friend with stage 4 cancer now. I agree that having a show dedicated to ways to do make up, skin care carves, etc would be nice. I had an amazing woman at MAC show me the best way to do my eyebrows. I  wrote to MAC about what a wonderful experience it was.  I did not mind being bald as long as I had eyebrows. My eyelashes stayed until one month after chemo ended, but they came back.  I know at my cancer center they have make up classes. Its really helpful.  I am not sure exactly what the OP was referring to. I don't think using an illness to sell products is appropriate, but I liked your idea. Maybe during the FFANY Shoe month could be an appropriate time for such a show.  

edited to add - Just like you said, my experience was tough, but not as tough as so many others. I realize how fortunate I was and still am. Hope you are continuing to thrive!

Regular Contributor

@smb3 wrote:

I mentioned it on another thread, but Dennis from Tweak'd has come back from selling Ojon on the Q years ago with the story about his mother's cancer.  I don't doubt she had cancer, but I do doubt his new story about how it all came about.  He had a story about the Ojon ingredients as well.  Just like Jose Maran has a story about how she brought about argan oil.  Like I said before, I remain skeptical....

@smb3 I as well am very skeptical. Did he really climb the mountain in the Himalayas to get those ingredients? How stupid do these people think we are?

Respected Contributor

Clarity by the OP would have been helpful; the ambiguity resulted in little more than a rant.

That said, I have to laugh at those who don't know a thing about what the OP's referring to, but used that as an opportunity to jump in with their own vague comments about how "she" [any unidentified host] "will say or do anything to sell stuff."

This place is hilarious lol!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@AlcottWilder---thanks for your input--yes I am doing well and hope you are too. Sounds like your hospital is like mine--with the classes for beauty and cooking and all sorts of help too. they have a store where cancer people can get wigs and hats and scarves for free--I went there a few times and then donated my cancer things back to them. I started in may of 2012 with mastectomy surgery then in June with chemo and finished in january of 2013 with rads. Never showed my bald head tho--always had a wig on or pretty scarves and hats. I kept a few eyelashes for about that long too----but as long as my eyes were rimmed top and bottom and I did my brows--I looked normal-----what a wild ride------

Regular Contributor

@smb3 wrote:

I would guess that Tweak'd is a good product. Never purchased it but did buy Ojon back in the day.  IMHO there is no need to bring up his mother's illness several times during his presentation and how he came out of retirment to help her.  Sounds like she's doing well.  Many of us have helped a family member or dear friend through this horrible disease.  All the  best to Dennis and his mom and all of the cancer survivors.  (Myself included)