Super Contributor

Ninja Ice Cream Maker TSV

[ Edited ]

I am interested in buying this ice cream maker, but have not seen any host dipping

a hard scoop of ice cream as shown in the company's own advertising & is a sales claim.

Just don't want another ice cream maker that only makes soft serve which is also delicious, but sometimes we like firm scoops.

Other than that question, it certainly looks great.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Ninja Ice Cream Maker TSV

I was interested also so I checked Amazon for price comparison and reviews.  QVC has the best price.  The reviews were interesting - the thing that turned me off was the review that stated it was really loud (they returned it).  I

Honored Contributor

According to the demo video they played, it makes its product by scraping thin layer of the frozen fruit as it goes around.  This would seem to make an icy, softer products than traditional ice cream in my view.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I thought about it when I first saw this product last year or so. I don't need another kitchen appliance to try and find storage for and I think yea it's kinda unique. How much would I really use it? I decided against it, but it was tempting. 

Contributor

I watched David scoop some ice cream and it was more like snow rather than a formed scoop.  Makes sense, as this is acting as a shaved ice.  Real IOC's cream freezes as it churns and folds in air, which prevents ice crystals.  I watched a video and it compared the Ninja Creme to the vitamix.  To use the Vitamix he froze the mix in ice cube trays,  looks like the vitamix can freeze a mix did a slightly better job.  It's a pass for me in this unitasker.  Just my opinion.

Super Contributor

You are right it is the best price I could find.

@OutofMadison wrote:

I was interested also so I checked Amazon for price comparison and reviews.  QVC has the best price.  The reviews were interesting - the thing that turned me off was the review that stated it was really loud (they returned it).  I

Trusted Contributor

@PommomNJ wrote:

I watched David scoop some ice cream and it was more like snow rather than a formed scoop.  Makes sense, as this is acting as a shaved ice.  Real IOC's cream freezes as it churns and folds in air, which prevents ice crystals.  I watched a video and it compared the Ninja Creme to the vitamix.  To use the Vitamix he froze the mix in ice cube trays,  looks like the vitamix can freeze a mix did a slightly better job.  It's a pass for me in this unitasker.  Just my opinion.

I watched that demo also....David was a little surprised that it looked like snow....they quickly moved on to another product, so I guess his ice cream cookie taco didn't work out as planned.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma petes wrote:

@PommomNJ wrote:

I watched that demo also....David was a little surprised that it looked like snow....they quickly moved on to another product, so I guess his ice cream cookie taco didn't work out as planned.

I'm surprised David didn't get a chance to try it out before presenting it.  He often talks about the food they send him to try prior to food presentations.

Maybe it depends on the ingredients and the setting used.  It reminds me of the ice cream recipes where you freeze the product in the freezer and then go in with a scoop and scoop it out and then return to the freezer.  I think sometimes you had to to it a couple of times.  

I didn't see David's presentation, but did see Rick's at midnight and the first chocolate scoop he scooped out did not look that firm to me.  

I guess the big turnoff to me was that you have to freeze your concoction for 24 hours prior to making and eating it.  With the ones where you freeze the canister, you can just leave the canister in the freezer and then it's ready to use whenever you decide to make it.  Or, the traditional method, you just have to get ice and rock salt and you're good to go.

And both of those methods give you more than a mere pint.  

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the last ice cream maker that QVC presented...I thought it would be a fun thing to do with the Granddaughter.

It was more trouble than it was worth and you had to eat it 'fast' or it turned to soup on a warm day.

Certianly can't put it in a cone...