Contributor

Re: Next Free Shipping Day on the Q?

Thank you. Yes, only Black Friday deals ship free today. I investigated the almost 1,000 items and found one I liked.

I ordered the Pretzels that are "on sale" (maybe they are, maybe they are always on sale..who knows). So got that item on free shipping. Just waiting to order the items I have saved when free shipping on everything is available. The pretzels do look yummy! 

Super Contributor

@OutOfTheBlue   The pretzels always ship free.  Free shipping on all food always.

Super Contributor

I do like free shipping days...but you have to be aware of the price of the item...from my experience when its free shipping day...they tend to raise the price of the item,..perhaps to cover for the shipping...

Contributor

@yamma024 That explains it - I never order food from the Q. So there you go. 

Regular Contributor

I agree the items that were on sale will be back to regular price when free shipping. I noticed that several times in the past.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NewNickname1x1000 wrote:

I have a pair of table lamps in my wishlist and when I see that the price has gone up about 5$ then I know there will be a free shipping day. After free shipping is done, the lamps go back down in price. I noticed in a sweatshirt also in my wishlist. 

Edit to add: Just checked the lamps and shipping is now $14.22. WHAT? Plus the price has increased to $166. A year ago they were approximately $130s-140s with shipping at $5.50. 

Oh my, now that I am paying attention, I've got to say that those table lamps that I mentioned yesterday, well the price has dropped from $166 down to $118 with Free Shipping!!! That's utterly amazing! Don't forget to check your wishlists everybody! Happy Shopping!

Honored Contributor

@OutOfTheBlue 

You have your free shipping all this weekend!  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NewNickname1x1000 - So a bargain for you after all.  Congratulations.

I once had something in my wishlist drop $20 just before a free shipping day.  So those who say that prices are always raised when free shipping is offered, are just wrong.

Contributor

@Venezia True. I have had the same item saved for over a month and finally ordered it today, and the price was the same...no increase.