Trusted Contributor

Re: Newest QVC catch phrase

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife  ..... If what @Spurt  says is true, and I have no reason to doubt her comment, that by the financial report home category (which includes food) is down 6% of the last 8 quarters I do not know how David can be referred to as one of, if not the top seller QVC has. If the two (2) categories he presents are down that much he evidently is not selling. Being popular may help sell a product for a while but that cannot be the only reason a person buys. 

It appears QVC's plans are not to increase or add new products to the home/food category by their announcement of new merchandise/vendors. 

If he really was their top seller they would be concentrating on what he normally presents. They are not. They are concentrating on fashion, accessories, shoes, jewelry and electronics.

The host I am seeing more and more of is Jane T. I am not a fan of hers but evidently she is doing something QVC likes since it seems she is on air constantly ...... even on Friday night helping David. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Some people watch because they are alone and lonely and need something to pass the time.

Honored Contributor

I am very tired of the "Happy Dance" but I don't think it will  stop.  I've read that when David does the  "Happy Dance"  more orders are placed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@RespectLife  ..... If what @Spurt  says is true, and I have no reason to doubt her comment, that by the financial report home category (which includes food) is down 6% of the last 8 quarters I do not know how David can be referred to as one of, if not the top seller QVC has. If the two (2) categories he presents are down that much he evidently is not selling. Being popular may help sell a product for a while but that cannot be the only reason a person buys. 

It appears QVC's plans are not to increase or add new products to the home/food category by their announcement of new merchandise/vendors. 

If he really was their top seller they would be concentrating on what he normally presents. They are not. They are concentrating on fashion, accessories, shoes, jewelry and electronics.

The host I am seeing more and more of is Jane T. I am not a fan of hers but evidently she is doing something QVC likes since it seems she is on air constantly ...... even on Friday night helping David. 

@Sheila P-Burg 

The problem is the REPETITIVE products...as someone in Kitchen said....they know whats on before they even tune in to the Kitchen & David's Home Show....Woman Frustrated  I DO think David is QVC's best sales person...thats why they interrupt his kitchen shows with non-kitchen products in the hopes of sales....But the proofs in the pudding as they say....here's info from the presentation given to stockholders...and remember David not only presents the kitchen category, but home products on his Home With David Show....I think he mentioned they had something new planned for his show in a couple weeks, but as always it sounded more like an updated set rather than new products..Thats QVC--- always updating the "atmosphere"--sets/music etc--- but not the main issue---adding NEW & UNIQUE PRODUCTS to attract both viewers and buyers..Woman Frustrated

Annotation 2020-03-07 100110.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee  ..... I am hearing repeatedly that David is the top seller and as you mentioned that when he does the "Happy Dance" more orders are placed. Can you tell me where you read about the "Happy Dance" ......  hopefully from a non-QVC related source.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  ..... I agree David might be their "best sales person". I disagree he is their "top seller". I still question Mary returning on ITKWD on Sunday and now Jane with David on Friday nights. As long as Jane and David have worked at QVC they have to be the highest paid. Putting two high incomes together for no reason makes no sense. My opinion, there is a reason. Time will tell. The crown has been passed around before.

Respected Contributor

Anyone have the scoop what these hosts are paid ?  I know they live lavish lifestyles taking vacations, owning 2 homes etc.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

Anyone have the scoop what these hosts are paid ?  I know they live lavish lifestyles taking vacations, owning 2 homes etc.   

You’ve asked this question repeatedly, apparently without success. Has it not dawned on you that other people’s salary, compensation and finances are not your business?

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor
@FrostyBabe. And have you noticed for someone who complains about Q do much she sure spends a lot of time hating on the hosts. Someone is a very unhappy person. I don’t love all the hosts so I change the channel. Easy peezy
Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@FrostyBabe. And have you noticed for someone who complains about Q do much she sure spends a lot of time hating on the hosts. Someone is a very unhappy person. I don’t love all the hosts so I change the channel. Easy peezy

Yes, and I’ve asked her several times why she continues to watch something that she clearly dislikes so much. It’s not meant to be snarky. It’s a legitimate question. If I dislike something, I avoid it. There are thousands of other options for TV programming. I ve never gotten an answer. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~